The views from the lobby are amazing - watching the sunset over the pool is breath-taking. The drive in is long and winding and as long as you believe that you will find the hotel at the end of the road can be very tranquil...and yes, there is a hotel at the end of the road.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time around the hotel to enjoy the spa or the golfing (I'm a pretty bad golfer), but I did make it to the pool before sunset after the hike from my hotel room to the core of the property. Be forewarned, this is a massive property, you can easily get lost (though there is plenty of signage) but the other guests you run into equally as lost help you along your way whether you're headed to you room, one of the many restaurants on property or the pool deck.
My room was spacious and themed with the local decor. Nothing extraordinarily special and nothing particularly wrong - your typical Sheraton room with a Southwest motif.
All in all the next time I'm in the Phoenix area, I think I'll stay closer into the city, but the hotel property entrance is right off of the freeway making it easy to get to and from various Phoenix-area locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass is located in the Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains, and roaming wild horses remain untouched. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler
- Sheraton Chandler
- Chandler Sheraton
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort And Spa