Paying for your hotel room well in advance at this Sheraton property does not guarantee they will have your room when you arrive. They moved us 3 times - include one night on a cot - and yet would not reimburse us for that horrific night. We had booked a family vacation of 7 nights at the property; we had 2 rooms. Due to a severe winter storm our arrival was delayed by several hours but we called 3 times to advise them. We arrived exhausted, late at night just wanting to rest in our room. A room we had fully paid for weeks earlier. Well, they had one room but not the other. We needed 2 beds- just as we had booked. They shoved us in the room furthest away (over 250 steps from the lobby, through windy corridors) - one bed and they'd bring a cot (for the cot to fit you need to pile the footstool onto its matching chair). It got much worse - I'll spare the details. If we could have moved to another hotel we would have.
Other things to be aware of - it is a very sprawling hotel so not great for seniors. They have over 20 handicap parking spots but I never saw more than 3 being used - I guess word gets out that its a difficult place to navigate for some seniors. The pool doesn't always have towels until after 10:30. Service at the pool can be a wait - one day it took over 60 minutes for the waiter to return (despite speaking to people 3 times). The Internet (fee is over $12/per 24hrs) was down most of one day - so have other arrangements if you need to do business.
The pluses - the weather in Arizona is usually great. For kids - the pool slide is fun. They have 3 pools but one isn't heated so only the ducks (the actual birds) will swim in it.
If management learned the art of customer service this hotel has potential - but for now its a steer clear kind of place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass is located in the Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains, and roaming wild horses remain untouched. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler
- Sheraton Chandler
- Chandler Sheraton
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort And Spa