“Sheraton should be embarrassed”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Anacortes, Washington
“Sheraton should be embarrassed”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The landscaping itself is pretty, but I have never been so nickled and dimed and the service was abysmal. Three occasions the blankets pulled up but sheets not even tightened. They call it a four star resort, but thats apparently because someone must have bumped their head to see the stars. You are out in the middle of nowhere at this place, the restaurants are expensive, you pay extra for the wi-fi (both in your room and at the conference center) and the mgmt takes advantage of this fact. I would never go back and I caution you to be aware of exactly what you are getting into.. Plus, I think the room taxes (not included in the quoted price) may be higher than typical. The property is located on the reservation. My advice: check carefully.

• Stayed May 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear that the service levels did not meet your expectations. Typically guests like the uncluttered views of our property. All of our details for room rate and terms/conditions would have been spelled out in your confirmation. I am sorry to hear that they surprised you. Wishing you well.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This resort is a stunning desert property located just as you're starting to leave the Phoenix metro heading south. It's very isolated and quiet; if you're looking for peaceful relaxation, it's hard to beat. One of the onsite restaurants, Kai, is outstanding.

I doubt many folks consider this property if they intend to do a lot of things in the city (if you are, then choose another property because you'll spend too much time driving to/from this place). If you want a place to get away, be catered to by excellent service, and relax, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: West-facing provide great sunsets and views of the pools...but the rooms will be warmer in the summe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your peaceful and relaxing stay here at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. We appreciate the opportunity to provide our unparalleled service during your quiet get away and spectacular stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to unwind and relax.

Kai Manager
Strongsville, OH
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely resort for a conference in June 2014. I came with some trepidation about the heat, which quickly dissipated on arrival. Although there were record temperatures of 105 degrees plus while visiting, my morning exercise time on the grounds and nature paths were pleasant. The room I stayed in was a long walk from the conference facility, but otherwise it was perfect. The energy of the place is calm and serene. The background music playing in the corridors is soothing Native American flute which creates a nice mood. Service is friendly and the food I enjoyed, both during banquets and on my own was a step up from other conference hotels I have experienced. As for conference facilities, this place rocks! Spacious and comfortable whether you are in the ballroom or a smaller seminar room. I'd vote to return for another conference here and would book and extra day to simply enjoy this beautiful place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the mountains, otherwise you might be looking at a parking lot. If you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased and grateful to hear the kind words to which you describe our property. At the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa we do our best to create the most serene environment so that our guests may fully relax during their visit. It thrills me to know you were able to take in our calming setting as well as the warm weather. I must say it is even sometimes difficult for Arizona natives to accept the heat, but somehow our resort just seems to be the perfect environment. I am also grateful to hear that you enjoyed our many dining outlets, and I know our cooks work proudly to create some of the most delectable treats. We are truly proud that you had a great experience with us and perhaps your next visit will not be business related and you will have more opportunities to enjoy all of our amenities.

Best regards,
Front Office Manager
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just spent 5 days at the resort for a conference. The hotel is beautifully located on a huge piece of land (not sure if it a reservation type area), that was originally inhabited by native Americans. The surroundings are remarkably serene and beautiful considering how close to the city and to a casino it is located. The trails throughout (I thin around 3 or 4 miles) allow for beautiful walks (go early this time of year - we had 100+ temps during the day).
Staff were super friendly; rooms very clean, and food in the lobby and cafe was very good. There is also a fine dining opportunity that I would have taken advantage of if I had not been on a work trip.
The conference rate was very reasonable - I'm not sure I would pay $260 - $500 to stay privately.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are grateful that you chose the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa for your conference and have enjoyed your time during your stay here. The resort is indeed built on the Gila River Indian Community and showcases the culture of the Pima & Maricopa tribes throughout the resorts detailed interior and exterior. The resort is in a great location that gives you that sanctuary feel without being too secluded from the city. We hope that you will return again on a leisure visit and can enjoy our amenities offered on property. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay with us.

Hotel Management
Churchton, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This property feels like it's out in the middle of no where. But when you get out of the car, you'll instantly see and feel it's a great place to be. To a person, the staff was wonderful. I was especially impressed by Patricia, who worked the gift shop, who knew me by name the second time I walked in the door. Everyone was helpful, and genuinely warm and personable. My one hitch was that somehow I ended up in the "green" program wherein they don't straighten the room, replace toiletries, etc. I ended up getting some extra Starwood points, but I would have preferred the clean towels and extra lotions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view. I think they are even numbered rooms.
Green Features: They take it pretty seriously. Without meaning to opt in, I got opted in. So pay attention. Maybe you have to opt OUT here. I still don't know how it happened.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It is always refreshing to hear that we at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass succeeded in helping yet another guest feel right at home with us. I have passed your kind words along to Patricia and she is most grateful. At a 500-room resort it is nearly impossible to remember every single guest especially since we have new guests everyday, but somehow Patricia is able to do just that and it's amazing to hear our guests recognize her just the same. On another note, it seems our Make A Green Choice program was not explained fully in detail - please allow me a moment to do so. When our guests choose to “go green” they are welcome to have anything in the room replenished, including towels, toiletries, even complimentary bottles of water, upon request only. The green option is a flag, more so, for housekeeping associates to not enter the room unless requested to do so. Again, my sincerest apologies this was not outlined during your stay I truly hope this small hiccup does not keep you from coming back. Thank you for all the lovely compliments we hope you return soon!

Director of Front Office
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 2 June 2014

There is really nothing to dislike about this place. Architecture superb, rooms excellent, all teh staf was outstanding, any small issue was instantaneously resolved, grounds expansive , wild and enjoyable to get you right in to the desert. They do it right. I went for a conference and I WILL return just to play and relax

Green Features: They induce you to be environmental friendly with little $5 coupon if you dont change lines daily...samll amount but a clever and wise inducement
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is our goal everyday to make sure that our guests not only have a great stay but a memorable one. It looks like we were able to succeed for you and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reservations Supervisor
pgw
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Fabulous food, nice trail to hike and a really nice spa. This is close to the casino and the outlet mall. They offer a shuttle service to the casino. The staff was kind and everything was super clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. Your compliments are most kind and helpful for our resort. I am glad you were able to navigate around our facilities with ease as we do have a very large facility. Our staff works hard to ensure each of our guests’ depart with a new found sense of serenity and I am happy to see we have done that for you. We hope you return to our resort soon – we have more relaxation waiting for you!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!