“Great Family or couple destination”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 3 April 2006

My husband and 7 & 9 year old daughters just spent one evening at the resort for Spring Break. The service was wonderful. I travel a great deal and am very particular about places that I stay and the service that I expect. The hotel and staff did not disappoint.

The room was nice, clean and nicely decorated. The pool was great for the kids and we were able to keep an eye on them at any time. We were there at the height of Spring Break and it wasn't over crowded and again the service was wonderful.

We did not take a horse trail ride - however, we walked over to see the horses. The people that were running the stables we wonderful and very freindly.

The restaurant at the hotel was top notch - not a lot of selection but what they had was fabulous - and they did have a kid menu.

I would probably not stay over a couple fo days with kids unless you planned on taking trips - I think that my kids would have gotten bored with the pools if all we did was hang at them for the entire trip.

I would recommend this to families and couples as the hotel was not filled with children.

For the price I would stay at the Westin Kierland in Scottsdale (which is where we spent the rest of our week). But if you are looking for very low key w/ fabulous service and a bit more intimate - you won't be disappointed.

When you make a reservation - try to avoid the parling lot view (obviously) but for this price I would have been disappointed if I hadn't had the fabulous view (as opposed to the parking lot)

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank familytravel4
Write a ReviewReviews (1,582)

A TripAdvisor Member
Powell,Oh
Reviewed 28 March 2006

Just returned from the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass
Can't say enough ...
Rooms were spacious and clean
Restaurant on premises was delicious- try the buffalo filet and the lobster corndog for a culinary adventure
Desert hiking trail-lovely ask concierge for map
Staff - courteous and helpful
Golf course - played both great desert courses staff helpful
Sunsets- breathtaking
Pool- well designed, attentive
Spa-luxurious
Ask for AAA discount room was 290.00 a night

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2006

What a great time we had at the Wild Horse! When we first arrived, our room was not ready, so we went to the outdoor cafe near the pools, and the start of a great time began. In about an hour, our very clean room was ready, with a nice balcony overlooking the recreated Gila river--a boat service is free from the resort to the golf courses and the Casino. The food was of course, overpriced, but hey, it's a resort what do you expect? It was, however, always delicious. It's still hard to pay 4$ for a small glass of OJ.
The golf courses are AMAZINGLY well maintained and perfectly groomed, and challenging to play. I played 3 times and loved each time. The staff was very helpful and pleasant there.
The Aji Spa was perhaps the most pleasant surprise to my wife and I. We've been to some pretty famous spas back East (Homestead, Greenbriar) and this was different but equally as nice. For 40$ we got a "week pass" to the spa which allowed us use of the weight room, whirlpools, steam room, and outdoor warmed pool. The staff there were incredibly friendly and accomodating. We really loved that part of the stay.
If you want to save some money on dining and have a rental car (highly recommended), there are TONS of restaurants within 5 miles of the resort. Just drive back north towards Phoenix and take the 2nd or 3rd exit to plentiful shopping and food. We loved PeiWei, an asian diner that was cheap and tasty, as well as the chain Z'Tejas and several upscale steakhouses and italian places.

Overall, high ratings and would DEFINITELY go there again!

Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank BigLuke
Reviewed 27 February 2006

stayed for 2 nights , feb. 24 @ 25 2006, rm on 3rd flr had a good view of pool and the mtns, had lunch at the pool and breakfast at the KO SIN [btm level], food and service was very good at both sites, Hotel close to major attractions and convient for day trips to nearby cities! the only draw back was the house keeping,furniture on patio was dusty, had cob webs with occupants,mildew/mold in shower at the btm. trim at btm of shower door cracked and dirty. hotel staff very helpful!

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank dennis h
Reviewed 18 February 2006

We stayed overnight on February 10 and 11th. The duvet cover on our bed had what looked like menstrual blood. The bell hop promptly called housekeeping who arrived approximately 20 minutes later. He was nice enough to offer us 2 complimentary cocktails at dinner. When removing the down comforter there was huge blood stains. The housekeeper flipped it over and attempted to put it inside the clean duvet. When I gestered (as I was assisting her to put it in the cover no less.) that it wasn't accceptable. It took another 15 minutes to find a clean comforter. That evening at dinner. The assistant waiter asked immediately after seating us did we want water. Then he asked plain or sparking. To our surprise $6 was added to our bill for sparking water. The entrees were very meat laden and quite expensive. We then stopped in at the busy lobby bar. I ordered a Patron margarita which tasted like mixer. After 3 attempts it was okay. That night my head was pounding and I felt quite sick. I then wondered if it really was Patron as I have never been so sick before after 2 margaritas. To our surprise $26 was charged to our bill. The margarita should have been $10. Feeling really sick we went upstairs and we feel asleep with the tv on. About 2AM someone began knocking insistently on our door. When my husband opened it there was a uniformed hotel employee asking for our names and telling us to turn our tv down as they could hear it upon walking by. With the heater on in the room we couldn't hear the tv. The decible level was at "15" which didn't even register at the halfway point of sound. Also our dinner although paid in the restaurant was charged again to our bill in addition to the $6 suprise water and the $26 margarita. Although it is a very beautiful resort I wouldn't stay there again but I would go there on a "day trip" to walk the grounds and enjoy the boat rides that they offer. The spa prices were very expensive and I work as an aesthetician and didn't see anything on the spa menu to justify the high costs. I felt bad that the service was poor because in addition to being beautiful it is one of few Native American owned resorts in the US. However nice the staff was at correcting errors the pricey menu and resort fees didn't justify the problems.

6  Thank Josette H
Reviewed 22 January 2006

I attended a conference at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. It is just a short drive outside Phoenix, but one feels away from it all. I was impressed with the staff who was very attentive and friendly. The restaurants are superb, although quite pricey. Try the lobster corn dog for a fun and tasty appetizer! I agree with other posters that dining offsite will be needed if staying for long. Also, a rental car is handy. Renting at the airport was a better deal than on site. Exercise is $20 per day which should be included in the room rate. Everything is extra. A free option was a brisk walk on the trail around the resort. You really can see the wild horses. The resort itself is peaceful and beautiful. One can learn much about the Native American culture of the area.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank mom2amywill
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton over Labor day weekend and I have to say that even though the resort is pricey it was a lovely stay for us. We had a balcony room overlooking the pool which was just wonderful. The pool was never crowded the 5 days we were there which was surprising since I figured with the holiday it would be crowded. The pool bar is great and so is the staff. Did some treatments at the spa and we enjoyed the treatments as well as the spa pool which was quiet and we were the only 2 there. As previous guests have mentioned the resort is very pricey so come prepared if you have to eat at the resort. I like the Sheraton because it is not in downtown Scottsdale, it is set off by itself with some great views of the mountains. We had a beautiful purple/red sunset one night and it was gorgeous. Didn't do the horseback riding since we own horses but it looked nice and saw some guests who really enjoyed it. There is a little boat ride from the resort to the casino which is a nice evening ride even if you are not interested in the casino. All in all we enjoyed our stay and are going back for my bday in May 2006.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Best Western Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
#53 of 173 in Phoenix
Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!