I just returned from a three-night stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa near Phoenix. I was there for a business conference (April 23-26). My overall impression was very positive. First, I can't say enough about how nice the staff was. Just one example: I needed to have special meals delivered to the hotel from a restaurant in Phoenix. The hotel did a wonderful job coordinating with the restaurant, making sure I got my meals on time, and always asking if I wanted the meal delivered to my room. In addition, the staff are very friendly and give lots of smiles (seems like a little thing, but coming from NY, means a lot). My room was comfortable and clean, the bathtub was very spacious, and the water pressure in the separate shower was great. The bed was comfortable (although I didn't like the pillows that much). One minor quibble: I wish that there were more channels available on the television, and also feel that the music channels should be free, not pay-for. Also, I wish there was a microwave.
The hotel itself is pretty, and with a waterfall in the lobby (flowing outside), conveys a certain lushness in the desert. The landscaping outside, with its variety of desert flora and flowing streams, adds to the lush feeling. There's a great view of the desert from the front lobby area. The swimming pools are heated very nicely, and are very clean. However, they are on the shallow side (mostly under 4'). The water slide is cute. The "recreated" (and very shallow) Gila River that flows through the property is very nice, and I recommend taking the small electric boat that travels to the casino and golf course. It's very pleasant.
Overall, I'd give my experience a 9 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass is located in the Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains, and roaming wild horses remain untouched. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler
- Sheraton Chandler
- Chandler Sheraton
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort And Spa