“Southwest Art Showcase”

Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in Chandler
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had read several local articles about this art collection. Little did I know how expansive it really is in person. I thought, eh its a hallway or room full of a few things, boy was I ever wrong. I even drug my 14yr old daughter with me and she pointed out things to me in the paintings and intricate stone carving pieces I may not have taken a second look at. We are not huge southwest art lovers or museum goers in general, but this is well worth your time to visit. My brother-in-law has worked at the corporate office for two decades and was close to Eddie Basha, Jr.. He told me that Eddie had personal relationships with all of the many dozens of artists that he purchased or had donated art from. I have an appreciation for art in general, and a greater one for the collection of late Eddie Basha. He took the time to share not only his passion for something he loved but also to build friendships with those artists.

All reviews
"on display"
"donations accepted"
"western museum"
in 2 reviews
"open monday through friday"

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place is in the most unlikely place but is absolutely wonderful. If you love cowboy art and Native American art you will love this place. I take all of our out of town guests here and they always love it. It is a hidden gem.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

A free museum that I didn't even know existed until family from out of state told us about it. There is a lot of awesome western art, bronzes and many other artifacts. This is a fairly small place but has a lot to offer. Whether you are into this kind of art or not you will find something there that will interest you. Nice to see there are still places that want to share their collection with everyone and not charge you. if your in the area be sure to check it out.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

This free museum was recommended by a friend of a friend and we are so glad we visited! The Basha family has generously shared their vast collection of Western paintings, sculptures, baskets, letters from the artists with the public. The museum is much larger that it appears from the outside and actually looks like a warehouse before entering. The history presented is fascinating and because there is so much to see, we just couldn't do it all in one visit. I definitely want to return some day and see more.