Aji Spa - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Solid 4/5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been to this spa about four times and each time I have used similar spa services (facial, massage, pedicure, pool, cafe). This time I had the benefit of finding a discount on travelzoo which made it WAY more affordable. They do offer a frequent user card where you accumulate points for a free service. Locals also get discounted pricing for weekday services. Each time I have found the service to be very consistent. The massage is their best service. Specifically the Mootk massage which includes a scalp massage with oil is the best, without question. The cafe menu is limited. The hummus is freshly made and very good. The drinks are very fresh and made well. During this visit I had the "refresh" drink which was delicious. The best drink I have had there. The service is hit or miss by the pool. Each time I have been here I have enjoyed it very much but they never seem to achieve five out of five stars for me. Without a discount you can expect to pay a lot for a full day at the spa. (Without a coupon a massage average cost is $200; prices are available online at their website. 18-20% gratuity will be added automatically.) I would recommend keeping an eye out for a discount (perhaps in conjunction with the Sheraton overnight stay) and get one service, enjoy the perfect temperature of the pool, an appetizer and drink by the pool. Their shower facilities are very nice and include a wet steam room with eucalyptus scent, dry steam room and two hot tubs all within the ladies locker room (no gender sharing). There are workout facilities and a small gift shop. If you happen to get a deal with the Sheraton and get an overnight stay the hotel is beautiful, the pool is too. Enjoy dinner at the Ko'Sin restaurant there.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gigi376

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Seattle, Washington
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Excellent cafe and facial....the rest, not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Seeing a previous review "too many discounts" makes sense when it comes to my experience. Having had a previous five star experience a few years ago made me wonder what went wrong the weekend I visited the spa again.

Cafe was great, service was great, food and drink A+.

Massage was constantly interrupted by someone coughing (turned out to be the therapist next door), my next appointment was given by the coughing therapist (yuck), my facial however was the best. I had requested females for my services, this was confirmed at check in. Not sure why I ended up with the male coughing therapist.

Pool area, locker room area, shower area...basically all needed to be cleaned up. Towels on the floor, amenities not kept up, Had to requests the basics.

First visit definitely excellent, this visit poor to average at best.

Visited February 2014
DC
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“very attentive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was a great spa experience. The massage therapist did everything right, avoided the neck as a I asked, told me to communicate if anything bothered me, and overall was excellent. The whirlpool was very relaxing. The wait room is a little small. I would definitely recommend.

Visited March 2014
Scotland, UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Another great visit to Aji Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Massages were great; staff were very helpful. We utilised the pool at the Aji Spa for the first time and this was very relaxing. Good food at lunchtime which could be brought to the lounger. The Aji Spa is the best Spa that I have been to.

Visited March 2014
Greenwood Village, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“One of the Best in Phoenix!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

After reading "livealoha1959"s review, I believe she has some very good points, that being that if groups are there, all bets are off. Chattering at a spa? Hardly good spa etiquette and yes I too would be upset to pay high prices only to find many women there for a wedding party. That being said, this is probably one of the best spas in town, with amazingly qualified masseuses. I had the PIMA massage and that focuses on pressure-points. I got the 80-minute massage and I would encourage that amount of time for such a fine massage. I didn't know about the coupons so check for coupons on travelzoo - see "livealoha1959" 's review just below mine. There is a private indoor and ourdoor jacuzzi just for the women's side, a wet and dry sauna and all the finer things you expect in a nice spa. After my massage I stayed and had the "Lemon-Rosemary hummus" which was amazing along with a strawberry-banana smoothie. It was very quiet and I truly had a wonderful spa experience, but I did leave around 3:00 as they had a group of women coming in. They told me about it when I made my reservations and that was very helpful in planning my day. There's a co-ed seating area, a separate women's seating area and then the general lobby area of the hotel. There's a pool to swim in also, once your massage is finished. The Aj Spa is not part of the resort but seems to be contained in its own building down the road, so be sure to follow the signs to the Spa. Lots of walking trails, great healthy but good snacks, a truly divine robe that is as soft as butter on the inside and feels like silk on the outside. Give yourself time to stay and fall asleep at this spa. You'll be very glad you did.

Visited April 2014