“Great Place”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice variety of smoked meats and tasty sides. They also have a good takeout business. Look for deals on Restaurant.com

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Being from the Southeast I wasn't in too big of a hurry to try BBQ while in PHX. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. the portions of generous. The flavors excellent. I had the pulled pork - with a side of garlic and spinach mashed. Very nice! The owner was on the line serving and did a nice job of guiding through the spicy factor of each dish. Prices are right and I loved supporting a local place. If I find myself in PHX I would make a point of going there again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love Rudy's. Although it's a chain, it's reliable and still better than a lot of local guys. I'm a sucker for the brisket, but the ribs are the best thing on the menu.

1  Thank perogi
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Two nights in a row (I was that impressed with the flavors AND the cobbler) we took food to go. The chicken and the brisket had an incredible flavor. I am not a fan of BBQ sauce, and this allows you to put it on if you want, otherwise you have the smoked flavor in the foods. I am not kidding when I say the cobbler was outstanding - two nights in a row I just HAD to have the peach and blackberry. I know we will visit soon.

1  Thank NativePhoenician
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my first visit and I was impressed with the whole adventure. We were immediately addressed by a friendly greeter who explained the set up. The food servers were equally as friendly and cheerful as was the cashier. The selections were unique and displayed very well. The place was clean and the dining area was situated in a way that made conversation very easy...even with the guests at the surrounding 2 tables. Even the other patrons were super friendly and chatty. We tried 4 different meats and 4 different sides. All were EXCELLENT and very reasonably priced. The beef ribs and the red cabbage were my favorites. There were plenty of serve yourself sauces and condiments. The head chef came to our table and spoke with us and asked how our meals were. THAT impressed me and he was a genuinely nice guy who took his BBQ seriously. We will be making a repeat visit and would consider their catering option as well.