“Great Food, not too busy”

El Palacio Restaurant & Cantina of Chandler
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Tan 202 & Gilbert Road
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is in a great location directly in front of the Harkins movie theater at Gilbert and 202. We always drive by this place but have never stopped in. We were glad we did. We went on a Saturday night of a holiday weekend and the place was nearly empty. Not sure why...the decor was typical TexMex. The food was GREAT... I ordered a steak burrito like I usually do at these types of places, and man...I'm telling you that the steak in the burrito was amazing! Soooo good. The serving was pretty big too. I did not leave hungry. My wife also enjoyed her food as well. The service was good (maybe because it was nearly empty) and there was complementary chips/salsa/and bean dip too. Prices were good. Family of 4 with no booze bill was about $40 or so. They have little kids activity books for the kids as well which kept them busy. I will definitely go here again... I just wish it was more busy. I enjoy the busy ambiance.

1  Thank impresiv1

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great prices, great food. They do get busy but it is so good. Awesome salsa bar. Drink specials are great. Many tacos turkey even. Must go place.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Server was okay but not overly friendly. Very good guac and bean dip. Burritos are good but dry,they are not smothered unless you request it . The Godfather is big and filling,but kind of boring. Cannot say anything bad or outstandingly good,but I will try it again, el palacio burrito was very good with very tender steak, be sure you ask for rice and beans or it comes ala carte.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is a place I won't be returning to. I saw this place advertised on local news broadcasts so I was thinking this place was going to be good.
I will first start off with the parking lot. On a Friday night at 5:00 it was barren. We were sat right away...no wait. That should have been my first clue. The inside was nice. Our waitress had too many tables too take care of so we didn't get great service.
Ok, the food....I've had better at El Taco Buffett than here. The enchilada sauce was so nasty. It tasted like it was out of a can that was bought at the dollar store. My chicken soft taco was nothing to write home about either. $10 for a 2 item combination plate was $9.99 too much. My husband, who is of Mexican decent, said it's not a good sign when there are no Mexicans in there eating. He got the fajitas and there was hardly any meat on the skillet. I hate writing bad reviews but I have to be honest. Save your money and go to Taco Bell. We will not be going back there.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I was so excited for El Palacio, I adore Mexican food and had seen several advertisements for the place that made it seem like a cut above your average Mexican place. It was unfortunately pretty disappointing. From disinterested service in a not very busy restaurant, to bland food that little care was taken in making we will not be returning here. Sadly this was the one Mexican restaurant we had the change to take my mother too while she was in town. Didn't exactly sell her on the cuisine!