“Good Lunch Stop & Solid Cheesesteak, Made to Order”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Philly's Famous

Philly's Famous
Ranked #29 of 656 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Lunch Stop & Solid Cheesesteak, Made to Order”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Philly's Famous is a small "hole in the wall" shop located at the corner of Ray and Alma School. It is relaxed and clean and reminds me of just a cool old school "by the slice" pizza or sandwich shop. As you walk in, a large menu showing lunch combos is right there; a full menu is on the wall. Just ask any questions you may have for clarification about the menu- the owner & staff were very helpful. Place your order at the counter and they get the meat going on the flattop grill.

The lunch combo comes with 8" sandwich, fries (regular or seasoned, which I had) and a medium drink (w/ free refills). The rolls were fresh and chewy- perfect for the cheesesteak. There was an average amount of meat, I wouldn't call it stuffed. I added tomatoes and lettuce for $0.50 extra. They have a marinara, garlic sauce that was good to dip the sandwich into, but most have the meat cooked with it.

I could see during the lunch rush they could get backed up since everything is made to order.
Lunch was $8.00 each and we left satisfied.

• Visited June 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Cheesesteak but busy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Philly's Famous always comes thru with solid cheesesteaks. They have quite a selection on the menu and even tho I've been here 20 times, I've never ordered anything else.

The meat is tender, the bread is soft, the cheese, sauce and onions are all good. The decor is obviously geared towards Philadelphia sports teams, along with the geographical pics denoting several landmarks, making it all look pub-ish.

I like the family atmosphere that Rita and her family bring. She always greets me with 'Sweetie' and loves what she does.

The only knock on PF is the speed. Joey tends to cook 1-2 sandwiches at a time. If you show up with no line: great. It takes about 7-9 minutes. If there is a line: yikes. I have waited a 1/2 hour in the past. Yes, I waited. They're good sandwiches.

Try PF. My fave is the 8" cheesesteak with onions and red sauce. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Pineville, Missouri
“Better than Philly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I went to Philadelphia in 2010 on my vacation. Being in the heart of downtown Philly, I was so excited about the fact that I was finally going to be able to get a true, genuine Philly Cheese steak, from the place where they were started and made so famous. I was quite disappointed! I'd had better cheese steaks from the frozen section at the grocery store!

This place, on the other hand, makes absolutely astounding cheese steak sandwiches!

If you're originally from the Philly area, and are homesick for a fantastic cheese steak, you have to get one here!

Fantastic!

“Love this place! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

BEST Philly cheese steaks ever! I have eaten a cheese steak from Philadelphia... And they have NOTHING on this place! Moved out of state, but make a point to stop and eat here when I'm in town!

Gilbert, Arizona
“Good Philly cheesesteak ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped by this hole in the wall because their sign said world's best. I had the mushroom philly. Great sandwich! Good seasoned fries.