“Service was Good”

Charleston's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 703 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charleston's Chandler! Located across the highway from Foothills Park Place Shopping Center, Charleston's is the perfect spot to enjoy a weekday work lunch, date night before a movie or drinks and apps before a local event.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I couldn't decide between the Chicken with Bacon & Havarti or a Burger. We had a very friendly, personable, helpful waiter and he recommended either as being tasty.
I ordered the chicken sandwich and my friend ordered the burger. Since I am very fussy about my burgers I didn't want to take a chance. The chicken sandwich was dry & tastless. My other friend had chips and artichoke dip so I put some of her dip on my sandwich and it made it a bit tastier. I did taste my other friends burger and was so glad I didn't order it since it also was tasteless. I had never been to Charlestons before. Not sure if I will be going back...will have to give it sometime before I decide.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been here several times, and enjoyed each visit. The service has been great, and so has the food. The waiter has offered several suggestions with different sides/ cooking options as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good for sure but you would have a hard time finding a place that has better service than this restaurant !

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Nice dark quiet atmosphere. Great service. Food is prepared properly. Known for its steaks and prime rib which are really great. Will be going back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We went to Charleston's in Chandler Sunday night to celebrate our daughter's graduation. There were 7 of us, including two kids. Had excellent food ranging from steak to seafood to chicken nuggets for the kids. Service was a little slow for the drinks, but otherwise was also very good. We were having a fantastic experience ... until the check came. Like many restaurants, Charleston's had suggested tip amounts at the bottom of the bill. The problem was, the tip was calculated on the total bill, including tax. WRONG! What could have been a wonderful experience ended with a bad taste in my mouth.

The next day I filed an online complaint with Hal Smith Restaurants, the parent company of Charleston's. Within 1 day, I had an acknowledgement of my complaint, and within 5 days, I had a call back from Jeff G, the general manager at Charleston's Chandler. He had looked into the issue, acknowledged that the tip calculation was not correct, and was in the process of correcting it with their IT department.

In the real world, "stuff happens". In my opinion, the best to judge a person or an organization is to see how they handle problems. Without a doubt Charleston's and Jeff G passed the test with flying colors. They acted quickly, acknowledged the problem without a lot of CYA, and are fixing it. This is the type of service I want from a company. I'll be back to Charleston's.