“Good Food, Smart Alecky service”
Review of Pita Jungle

Pita Jungle
Ranked #16 of 670 Restaurants in Chandler
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Let's start by saying that the food was very good. Hummus appetizer plate was was great, Even the Skordalia, or garlic dip was very good. I like the option of non fluffy pitas. They are less filling.
I was hoping for a Gyro sandwich, or a Gyro plate like we have in Chicago with Greek salad , Pita, Gyro, Tomatos, and Red Onion...but no such luck. In fact the waiter looked at me like I was from Mars when I inquired about the possibility. SOOOO... I had to order the Gyro appetizer, a side of Tzatziki sauce, with Tomatos and slices of Onion on the side, and a small greek salad. The waiter said he would see what he could do with the tomatos and onions (even though they are on most of their salads). I thanked him for doing me this seemingly big favor. Seriously , does anybody not know what a gyro sandwich is? Anyway, all in all the food was good but the snooty vibe I got from the waiter was pretty annoying. Maybe ask for a waitress when you go.

Nicole S, Guest Relations Manager at Pita Jungle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hi Pete, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate it. That being said, we are very sorry to hear about the poor service. We fully understand how poor service can ruin an otherwise pleasant experience. We would like to make this right for you and would ask that you email us at service(at)pitajungle(dot)com with the date/time of your visit along with a description of your server. We will be looking into this immediately and taking the necessary action. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

very nice place. the falafel is very good, u can order few falafels on a plate for ~ 70 cents for each. the rest of the dishes are average + .

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Everything is so delicious!!! They are fast & it's a good value. Even my kids love it!! Great kids menu, so we all enjoy!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We eat here every week because we love the food and it's a great value. The service is always good and has a good atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This place has interesting Menu. Very tasty salads also.
The place is clean and neat. Seating is good overlooking the lake.
We had Veggie garden wrap and Falafel Pita. Both were very tasty and the quantity was quite a lot.
The staff were good and friendly.
Interesting place for Lunch, if you like Pita.