“Food was pretty good, service was slow” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Stalla Cucina Rustica

La Stalla Cucina Rustica
Ranked #40 of 651 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
“Food was pretty good, service was slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Before writing this review, I read many of the others and I can see some veracity to each statement. I found the food to be OK. I just had a pizza and salad and I liked the salad (although I think the salad was pre-made). The pizza crust was nice and cooked properly.

The waiter advised us on some wine to accompany our dishes with lunch. We found the waiter to be taking is time to bring our wine. The cocktail/wine service was a little slow and annoying.

My famous question...would I go back? Yes, I would go back. Just plan on the slow wait staff. Not a place to go if you have a time constraint.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Sun City West, Arizona
“Best Italian restauant in Chandler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We love this restaurant. If we want a really excellent Italian dinner, this is where we head. They offer high end Italian food. This restaurant does not provide mass quantities of cheap pasta and salad like some of the chains. It is more expensive than most Italian restaurants. The atmosphere is quiet and intimate. We go here as a couple and with family members. It is our favorite spot for a celebratory dinner.

• Visited February 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a very well ran restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have been to this restaurant 5 times in the last year and keep trying to find something good about it, but last night was the last straw. We finally got our meal (not a good meal at that) and left after two and half hours. We had a 7 pm reservation, finally getting our bill at 9:20. No apology or anything to try to make us feel better. They seem to have the don't care attitude.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jim p
San Diego
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were in Chandler for the BBQ festival and decided it was time for a change of diet so walked across the street to this place. Obviously it's quite popular, with no reservation they could only seat us in the bar area, but our table there was absolutely fine. I have to admit when the front desk is staffed by a high school girl who acts like she's doing me a small favor, the night starts on the wrong foot for me.

The service was quite good, the prices a little on the high side, and the ambiance ok. Noise level not too bad. However if you appreciate authentic Italian food, this restaurant will be a disappointment, especially given that there's a big sign on the wall that says the recipes are family recipes from an immigrant family from Italy.

We actually mentioned to the waiter that the calamari fritti were pretty disappointing, and he said they had to make them that way so that Americans would eat them. Instead of lovely little rings maybe an inch or two across, with little blooms of tentacles, this was a plate of huge rings maybe six inches in diameter, an inch and a half across, and pretty thick - I've seen this kind of thing sold as "calamari steak". Hardly Italian, with poorly seasoned, soggy breading. Not a good beginning.

The rest of the meal was better, but nothing special. We had the pear & gorgonzola salad, which was drowning in dressing, with just a couple of bits of unripe pear. For a main dish we shared the squid ink pasta. The pasta itself was good, not made in house but freshly made locally, and you could tell. The seafood sauce included clams, mussels and shrimp, in a light tomato sauce. It was pretty good, the highlight of the night - the clams were overcooked but the mussels and shrimp were just right.

All in all a bit disappointing. I don't regret having eaten there, but I'll try one of the many other choices nearby next time I'm in Chandler.

Visited March 2014
Calgary
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We picked this restaurant 'out of the blue' when friends arrived in the valley and said they'd like to meet us for lunch somewhere convenient to where they were staying. All four meals were outstanding and very well priced. (And we had a full range of orders: pizza, pasta, veal.) Our waitress was pleasant and very knowledgeable about everything on the menu. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating ... we felt like we'd known them for years and that they truly enjoyed our company and took great pride in their food and in their restaurant. Too bad its a 45 minute drive from our home!!

Visited March 2014