“Hidden Gem!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We recently ate dinner at La Stalla and it was soooooooo good. We arrived for our reservation and asked for a quiet table because we had a person with us who is hard of hearing. The hostess quickly seated us at nice table and our server came over right away to greet us. We ordered an antipasti platter and the meats and cheeses were absolutely delicious. Very high qualitify. An added bonus was the fresh out of the oven and delicious bread that showed up quickly and the wonderful olive oil on the table for dipping. I ordered the chicken piccata and it truly was the best I have ever had. It was served with a fresh vegetable medley. My only suggestion there would be to not use the pre-fab baby carrots in the medley and to use cut-up carrot pieces. The carrots were okay, but detracted from the other vegetables, which were freshly cut and more tasty. One of our party got the sea bass special and it was a very large piece of fresh and well-prepared fish. Another person ordered the gnocchi and said that they liked it. The server was very helpful in selecting a wine. She seemed like she knew every wine on the list. We did not have dessert (too full), but had some nice coffee. The check was reasonable for all that we ordered and the server could not have been any nicer (so we thank her - woman with a long brown ponytail - again for making our evening so nice).

1  Thank abby081

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Has pass long time from the last time I visit this restaurant were I have wander-full experiences in the past, Like the halibut cooked in top of a cedar tablet. Today I went back and I had and appetizer (the clams and mussel brodetto) and a salad (the mixed green salad with walnuts, pear, and a creamy blue cheese), both excellent. The family was also very satisfy with their pizza. Paolo the owner very courteous like I was remembering. A very pleasant and relaxing experience in the mist of very hot Arizonian day.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Dined here with business folk, and we were all impressed in the food, and the service.

We had zero complaints about any aspect of the evening.

We will return.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I came here for lunch on June 18th, as a celebration after the arrival of our latest grandchildren (twins). We both sat at the bar and Cami looked after us (she is the restaurant manager and loves kids, having four of her own). I had the squid ink pasta and my wife had a seafood salad. Both were excellent. Then Cami recommended; and we split, a limoncello sorbet - which was homemade, including the limoncello. The service was excellent and we felt that we were honored guests.

Full disclosure: I do go to La Stalla nearly every week and sit at the bar for their Happy Hour between 4 and 6 pm. As other reviewers have commented, HH is excellent value and so is often very popular - but I have never seen any issues with service between 4 and 7pm even though this is a difficult time of day to plan staff for.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is a nice place but the menu is lacking. Service is good. Decorative in Italian Charm. The menu is not full of choices. Maybe dinner menu is better, we where there for lunch. Sandwiches filled the menu. Very few entries.