“Great Mexican food - but a little dated (atmosphere)”

SI Senor Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Mexican food - but a little dated (atmosphere)”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

OK this is officially our favorite Mexican food restaurant. It's a bit of a throw-back to the 1970's, though. The servers deliver food on a trolley cart rather than carrying a tray. This is a bit rustic but not a deal killer. The food here is really good, authentic Mexican. Dinners are completed with the delivery of sopapillas, a flaky dessert that resembles a croissant for texture and comes plain or covered in cinnamon and sugar. This is a really nice touch and keeps us coming back.

Visited April 2013

Chandler, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my favorite Mexican place!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I love their green chili beef plate, one of the best around! I love that it's a bit spicy, gotta have my fix every other week or so! It's close to home and work, so we go there for lunch as a group. Sometimes the service is a little slow, but they are usually busy. It's great that your meal comes with a sopapilla too!

• Visited May 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The food was absolutely wonderful. The green chile was just as it is in New Mexico. I absolutely loved it. Will definitely be frequenting there. The service was also great. The waitress took very good care of us and was polite and friendly.

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great New Mexican Food”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Found this restaurant on a recent trip to watch Spring Training - and what a rare opportunity to get my New Mexico food fix. After growing up in New Mexico, I always jump at the chance to have chile especially when sopapillas are involved. And for those of you not from there, sopapillas are supposed to be eaten WITH the meal as a way to cut the heat of the chile. They are the bread of the meal and always an excellent addition.

I ordered chile rellenos with the hot hatch chile - and I wasn't disappointed. The chile was HOT! and the rellenos didn't have too much cheese. They were wonderful. The sopapillas did their trick with a little honey and killed the heat in my mouth without killing the flavor.

Overall the restaurant was wonderful, reasonably priced and even though we showed up on a busy Saturday night, the service was wonderful. We waited about 25 minutes for a table, but never for the server.

I highly recommend it - for those looking for mexican food different than what they have had before.

• Visited March 2013
Escondido, California
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Nice place, good food, high average prices. Only been for lunch so not sure on the nite-life. Would visit again.

Visited December 2012