“New Mexico flavor in Arizona”

SI Senor Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“New Mexico flavor in Arizona”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having grown up in New Mexico, I have to have my green chile fix every so often! Si Senor has its origins in Las Cruces, NM close to the green chile fields of Hatch. This is my home away from home for authentic New Mexican cuisine. My family and I love to go here because it tastes like home! I always enjoy the #1 combination plate because it has a chile rellano, taco, enchilada, tamale, green chili stew along with beans & rice. I love the green sauce and order it hot. My mantra is...if it doesn't make my lips burn, my head sweat, and my nose run...then it needs to be cranked up a bit! The real pleasure is the smell of the roasted green chile and it's wonderful flavor!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Keith H

“Good but not great!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went to Si Señor on the recommendation of the concierge at the resort. Its location at the side of a strip mall makes it easy to find for non-residents of Phoenix, and they've done the best they could with the decor. Service was fast, friendly and efficient. The chips and salsa were on the table promptly. The chips came with four dips, ranging in heat from guacamole-like to blow out your brains hot. We found there was lots of choice. My husband had chicken enchiladas;I had chicken burritos. They were served with rice, refried beans, and whichever salsa you chose. We were both pleased with our meals. Sopaipillas for dessert were included. You can have them plain with honey on them, or sugar-cinnamon.

We liked this restaurant, but far prefer El Encanto in Cave Creek, where the food is better, the prices somewhat more, but the setting and atmosphere way, way superior. It's worth the drive, believe me!

• Visited April 2014
Chandler, AZ
“Good Mexican!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This mexican restaurant is above average but the menu is limited. Recommend only lunch.
Menu for lunch is about $7.95 with several lunch specials that are the same for every day of the week. The sauces are HOT and they give you a nice before dinner serving of chips and 4 sauces, which are all very hot. I usually ask for a mild green chile sauce which they will supply.
Overall good but a limited menu.

Visited August 2013
“Average At Best”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Not sure what all the fuss is about this place. Found the food bland and overpriced. They charge an extra $2.95 if you want to split a plate. The chips and variety of salsa and dips were good, but the meals were nothing to brag about. Have been here a couple of times and just didn't find the quality of food anything to get excited about.

Visited July 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and authentic southwestern food”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The food is fresh and delicious, the atmosphere is quaint, the service is good and the bathrooms are clean. It is moderately priced. My favorite for southwestern food in his area.

• Visited June 2013