“Best of the best out of 12 hotel stays in three weeks”

Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My wife and I were traveling with 11 friends from Minnesota to California. We were in a vintage car caravan, and so traveling short distances and staying in many hotels/motels. I must say the Windmill Inn easily was the finest hotel and the greatest value for the money of the many we experienced. Everything clean, staff courteous, food good...what else do you want. I would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your stay at our Chandler property. We are happy to know that we met your expectations and appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center

Reviewed 1 October 2010

My stay at the Windmill Inns & Suites of Chandler, AZ was awesome! I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again. My room was spacious and clean and was laid out in a unique way, with the bathroom being accessible from both the bedroom and the main living area. I enjoyed using the wet bar/fridge/microwave area as well as the extra sink outside the bathroom. Loved the breakfasts and being able to use the well kept pool/spa area as well! But my favorite part about this hotel is the staff! Everyone was friendly and seemed as if they sincerely wanted to meet every need I could have. On several occasions, I had special requests, and they did not hesitate to help me out- from the sewing kit and first aid supplies I needed, to the DVD player I borrowed, to the shuttle rides back and forth. They were more than accommodating. Felt like home, and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I travel to Chandler on business every 3 - 4 weeks, and I stay in Windmill Inn all the time. The people there truly mean it when they say "110% Customer Satisfaction". For example, I left my retainer there on my last trip, and when I told them to let them know, they offered to send it to me overnight and they did. I always get a quiet room overlooking the pool. The pool is large and clean, so I swim in it regularly. Rooms are clean and well maintained, with cool cotton bedding for Arizona heat. The only thing that bothers me is their disregard for environment (disposable styrofoam cuts and plates at breakfast), and that their breakfast pretty basic, but for that kind of price you can have a nice breakfast outside and still save money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2010

We would first like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Chandler location and for choosing to stay with us.

With regards to our use of styrofoam cups and plates research shows that paper production can cause almost twice as much CO2 emissions and energy consumption as creating plastic and Styrofoam products. The main reason for this is that paper-making is not an environmentally friendly industry, due to the pulping and bleaching. The pulping process requires the wood chips to be "cooked" with tremendous heat and pressure and then treated with limestone and sulfuric acid until it becomes pulp. The pulp is then washed, requiring thousands of gallons of fresh water and bleach. The use of these chemicals during the production contributes to air pollution far greater then the production of plastic and Styrofoam. Some paper items cannot be recycled if they have a wax-coating, as is the case with paper cups that are used for hot beverages. Furthermore, the insulating value of paper cups is not as efficient as Styrofoam cups and can cause guests to either use 2 paper cups or request a paper sleeve to avoid burning their hands.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

We ended up staying at this hotel at the very last minute and arrived close to midnight. Maybe it was the holiday weekend or last minute discounting, but we got an amazing room rate of $69 (that is including fees!) for a 1 bedroom SUITE with 2 queen beds, a pullout sofa, refrigerator, TV with 99 channels, free WIFI and complimentary breakfast!!!

Not only was the price amazing, the suite was clean and freshly decorated. And the complimentary breakfast included a variety baked goods, cereals and make your own waffles.

We would stay there again in a heartbeat, if only it wasn't in the Phoenix area which reached a high of 111 degrees during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Travelling an un-godly amount for work, I can say that I've seen it all.. and that said, the Windmill Inn in Chandler was everything I expected and more.

I had read some of the reviews on tripadvisor before my visit, and I have to say, they're all telling the truth - this place is great.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

After sitting on an airplane for 5 hours, we drove from Phoenix, AZ to Chandler, AZ . Trip Advisor rated this property very high, so we went for it. Travelocity got us a 1 Room - 2Dbl beds for $88 (found out AAA rate was $89). Room was comfortable, clean and spacious. Breakfast was included which was also pretty good. It is located in a nice area near a shopping mall, and they will loan you bikes. Trip Advisor picked another good one for us again! Also found a great restaurant, within walking distance, called "Firebirds". Good service, Good food, nice decor.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Zart1
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We had an extended stay here as we were house hunting. The staff was always very helpful and friendly and we were very pleased with all the little "extras" - bicycles, evening cookies, nice breakfasts, coffee/tea anytime and a lovely pool/courtyard. Our only suggestion would be an upgrade to their wireless; but when necessary, we used the hotel Business Center which had a direct line.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Thank you for your positive comments about our Chandler Windmill Inn. We appreciate your feedback!
Regarding the WiFi challenge we are looking into this situation. As is true with most networks, when users connect and are found to have equipment that is infected with malicious software or if they are using it contrary to the user agreements (using hazardous peer-to-peer file sharing applications for instance) they may find that they are unable to stay connected. In such a case contacting our 24x7 support line will allow them to receive assistance in making any temporary changes that may be required on their system to improve their experience. At the end of July we will be adding several static IP addresses at each location allowing for more guests to be connected to their workplace via VPN or other remote connectivity methods.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Windmill Inns and Suites