“Appears That The New Owners Are Ruining It.”

India Gate Indian Cuisine
Ranked #274 of 670 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We dined here again with friends on Saturday 7/29/2012. Our small group has dined here several times in the past years. My wife and I have also dined her emany times by ourselves. This time we noticed a big, BAD change. :(

It appears that India Gate was sold and the new owners are ruining it. Yes, there were stains on our table cloth. My wife and I arrived first, then our friends arrived. We ordered and about 20 or so minutes latter our food arrived. All of the ordered food was served BUT we couldn't eat it. Why? NO plates!

Our items were ordered with a medium level of spice. But the items were BLAND and not very tasty! A very bad sign! Our friends both ordered the same item but there were big differences between the two items. One was greasy and the other was dry. One had a breast of chicken, while the other didn't.

I ordered #17 chicken ginger kabah with medium spice level. It was bland, no real ginger taste. The Pulao Rice, #93 was just so-so-meaning not like before. I think that this was our last visit here as it changed in a bad way. Service at the table also has taken a dive---no plates and took a while to get them! Sad to say, it's time to say goodbye!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Terrific lunch and dinner buffets and the nicest staff you can imagine. We were 5 adults and a toddler and the guys who run the place did everything but stand on their heads to keep us happy. They explained the different types of food and made suggestions. Chandler in June is not paradise but this nice restaurant made our stay more memorable.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I often read new reviews of restaurants that we dined in and reviewed. 4Antonio review caused me some concern. All of us have their opinions and here is mine: The India Gate was clean and had no issues when we dined here on February 03, 2012. Then it dawned on me that if you have partaken in the "All you can eat buffet" the quality would be very different. The selections are kept warm and are toned down spice wise. We always order from the menu as the portions are usually more than enough. Price wise, it's a close match, so why order the buffet? This visit, we ordered the #93 Pulao Rice, #96 Garlic Naan, #17 Chicken Ginger Kabah and #61 Saag Shrimp. The Chicken Ginger Kabah & Saag Shrimp were ordered with a spice level of medium. All items arrived hot temperature wise and were very good with no issues at all. If this is your first time dining in an Indian Restaurant, I would recommend you order mild spice. If you want more flavor, try the medium as it bring out the taste of Indian food. We always avoid any buffet as it's a quality downgrade when better is available. Yes, if you order it will take some time. However your meal is cooked to order as that is the best way to dine.

1  Thank PropellerJourney
Reviewed 25 January 2012

food was not fresh, and flavour was a bit lost! Naan bread was edible!
Linen was dirty (big spots) not sure if the change it once a day maybe!?
Table rocked. Should have walked out! Owner / server was pleasant.

1  Thank 4Antonio
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We met friends for dinner on 10/05/2011. I had wanted an entree of vegetables but they didn't have the main ingredient for my selection–mushrooms. DARN! For me, this is a rare thing to happen in a restaurant-–just opened for dinner---and missing mushrooms? I ordered a chicken dish instead and it was good but I really wanted the mushroom entree. Our group of four had a very good meal. Next time, I'll order the mushroom entree and see if they have the main ingredient.