“Punjabiz”
Review of India Gate Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

India Gate Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Bought a chicken tikka masala all sour ,bad paid for get sick never going back again thx for bad food

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I've been visiting this restaurant for almost a decade -- usually to enjoy their lunch buffet. As of late, their buffet offerings have dwindled, the quality is declining, and their customer service is substandard - at best! I finally decided to attend their evening buffet with a certificate I purchased from Restaurant.com, and they refused to honor it. ($15 off a 22.50 purchase.) After a long call from our server to the manager, they finally agreed to offer it, but charged an immediate 18% gratuity for "full service". (18% gratuity for taking our plates away? Really?!) I won't dine here again. And you shouldn't, either. There are many, MANY Indian food restaurants in the area whose food, service, and ambiance put India Gate to shame.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Went here with some coworkers on our lunch break. They offer a small buffet which was really good. Enjoyed the food but went back to work smelling like curry. I walked to my desk and other people around me could smell it. So embarrassing. I couldn't wait for my work day to end. I went home threw my clothes in the wash because they smelled and had to shower. I love curry but certainly don't want to smell like it. Even though the food was really good I can't get myself to go back in fear I will smell like curry again.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We dined here again with friends on Saturday 7/29/2012. Our small group has dined here several times in the past years. My wife and I have also dined her emany times by ourselves. This time we noticed a big, BAD change. :(

It appears that India Gate was sold and the new owners are ruining it. Yes, there were stains on our table cloth. My wife and I arrived first, then our friends arrived. We ordered and about 20 or so minutes latter our food arrived. All of the ordered food was served BUT we couldn't eat it. Why? NO plates!

Our items were ordered with a medium level of spice. But the items were BLAND and not very tasty! A very bad sign! Our friends both ordered the same item but there were big differences between the two items. One was greasy and the other was dry. One had a breast of chicken, while the other didn't.

I ordered #17 chicken ginger kabah with medium spice level. It was bland, no real ginger taste. The Pulao Rice, #93 was just so-so-meaning not like before. I think that this was our last visit here as it changed in a bad way. Service at the table also has taken a dive---no plates and took a while to get them! Sad to say, it's time to say goodbye!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Terrific lunch and dinner buffets and the nicest staff you can imagine. We were 5 adults and a toddler and the guys who run the place did everything but stand on their heads to keep us happy. They explained the different types of food and made suggestions. Chandler in June is not paradise but this nice restaurant made our stay more memorable.