“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

India Gate Indian Cuisine
Ranked #264 of 666 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went in for a lunch with workmates.
No starters, Restaurant was smelling inside for something.
Anyway, i took the salad and food (being vegeterian), came back to desk and next thing saw a warm crawling.
Called the owner and he said sorry and i replaced the plate.
Being buffet, they delibrately made dishes which were so low cost and not a single major dish was included.
Dont think I will ever visit this again.

Advice to customers: Avoid
Advice to owner: None (You should know the basics of running restaurant)

Recommend?--Never

There are newer reviews for India Gate Indian Cuisine

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Service was terrible, food was awful and attitude of staff .... Don't go here it was just short of god damn awful

2  Thank wilsongr10
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Bought a chicken tikka masala all sour ,bad paid for get sick never going back again thx for bad food

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I've been visiting this restaurant for almost a decade -- usually to enjoy their lunch buffet. As of late, their buffet offerings have dwindled, the quality is declining, and their customer service is substandard - at best! I finally decided to attend their evening buffet with a certificate I purchased from Restaurant.com, and they refused to honor it. ($15 off a 22.50 purchase.) After a long call from our server to the manager, they finally agreed to offer it, but charged an immediate 18% gratuity for "full service". (18% gratuity for taking our plates away? Really?!) I won't dine here again. And you shouldn't, either. There are many, MANY Indian food restaurants in the area whose food, service, and ambiance put India Gate to shame.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Went here with some coworkers on our lunch break. They offer a small buffet which was really good. Enjoyed the food but went back to work smelling like curry. I walked to my desk and other people around me could smell it. So embarrassing. I couldn't wait for my work day to end. I went home threw my clothes in the wash because they smelled and had to shower. I love curry but certainly don't want to smell like it. Even though the food was really good I can't get myself to go back in fear I will smell like curry again.