“Cute, Cozy, Quiet”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chino Valley
Tucson, Arizona
“Cute, Cozy, Quiet”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We come up to Chino Valley to visit family once or twice a year, and we always stay here at the Primrose Inn. We typically reserve the "Casita" as it's the largest (and newest) of all the 8 available rooms. The Casita is also a separate unit, not attached to the other standard rooms. The Primrose Inn offers Free WiFi and the Casita comes stocked with a full kitchen, full-sized refrigerator, large TV, Free Cable, 2 king-sized beds, large bathroom and a nice little courtyard.
The owners/operators are super-nice, and very accommodating... just be sure to ask for the Grafs. :)
There's a Safeway (with a Starbucks), Gas station, Taco Bell, KFC, McDonalds, and a host of other locally-owned businesses nearby.
It's only 20 minutes Northwest of Prescott Valley and 20 minutes North of downtown Prescott. It's only an hour away from Jerome and a quick day-trip to beautiful Sedona.
The only downside, is there's no pool.

Room Tip: Ask for the Casita, it's not always available, but it's the largest and nicest of all the 8...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ted G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I pretty much depend on TripAdvisor for an accurate read on the hotels that we book. Sometimes I am blown away by the difference between our reality and theirs. This is a good example. We had pretty good expectations given the reviews. The photo's from the owners' website made it look like a really nice off the beaten path lodge type place. It wasn't too awful but not as expected. It is on a busy highway but the block walls muffled most of the noise. The place is very old but kinda clean. There is no frills at all. Bring your own toiletries, hair dryer & coffee pot/coffee. There is no counter space in the bathroom so getting ready was awkward at best. Would it kill some of these owners to put in a shelf near the sink if there isn't a counter? The only really good thing was the price. I guess you get what you pay for. Just don't expect a lot.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank azblogger
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Wifey and I stayed for three nights over TBird weekend. Had our fuzzy kid (mixed terrier) with us. Nice room. WiFi instructions didn't work to get me online with my Mac, but I was on vacation, so I didn't care. Micro and Fridge and 2 Queen beds. Walking distance to Safeway/Starbucks. We enjoyed the room and will book again.

Room Tip: Nice Indy Motel. Manager was awesome. Maid drove a H2 Hummer!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RodgDude
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband & I were in Chino Valley, Arizona looking at a home for retirement. On the way up from Phoenix I decided I should call and make sure we could get a room. I found the Primrose Inn on TripAdvisor & the ratings were great so we went there. The rooms are plenty big enough wiith 2 queen beds, a fridge, microwave, & cable TV. The rooms were clean & quiet. We stayed 3 nights, the owner was very friendly & helpful. If we have the occasion to stay in the area again we will definitely stay at the Primrose Inn.

• Stayed November 2011
Houston
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My brother and I stayed at the Primrose for 3 nights over the Halloween Weekend and it was GREAT!!! The room was very clean and big enough for both of us. Two spacious beds, a microwave, refrigerator and plenty of seating. The outside was comfortable and very homey. I really loved the soft beds and had the best night's sleep. It was also very quiet for sleeping even though there is a road out front. Would definitely request this place for the next time we are in town. I would highly recommend it for anyone traveling thru.

Room Tip: I saw only rooms #3 and #4 which are connected. Room 3 was darker if you like that to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed at the Primrose Inn over Labor Day weekend. What a great place to stay. We decided to stay in the suite, and it was wonderful. The unit was by itself, and parking was isolated from the rest of the motel. The room was immaculate, and quite spacious. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The suite was well worth the money and the owner was very cordial. I would recommend this without hesitation.

Room Tip: definitely reserve the suite
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This motel is in one word...Great! I was pleasantly surprised during our visit. Beautiful atmosphere outside and in. Outside-wood beam and stone architechture, pavestone walk, very nice. Inside room- Stayed in Room #2, King bed, pillow-top, coffee pot, refridg. really nice bedding. The whole place was clean, grounds manicured, super friendly staff, price was really reasonable for what you get in return. Will go back without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Prescott
Hampton Inn Prescott
#3 of 22 in Prescott
SpringHill Suites Prescott

Been to Primrose Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!