“Nice, quiet, out-of the way place!”
Review of Sierra Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Congress
Sierra Vista Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Congress
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was traveling from L.A. to Flagstaff and pulled off to stay at this Hotel in Congress. I met Cindy the owner who was very pleasant and helpful. She put on the air conditioner before I checked in. I then went to my room and found it was very quaint. A kitchenette and table were off the bed area with a small bathroom. Everything was clean and ready to go. In that the temperature was over a hundred, it took the room several hours to cool down(I would suggest calling ahead so as it will allow her to turn on the A/C earlier). The view from the hotel is nice. The town is quiet in the evening. Later I sat out with my beers and relaxed in the summer night. I can't say enough about this nice little place out in the desert. This is a safe, honest place to stay. I will be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Had to spend a few days in Congress to cater an event so I rented ONE HALF of the hotel! (that's 2 rooms, as the hotel only has 4!!) I saw the good ratings on Trip Advisor, so thougth that I would give the Vista a try. Although quite small, your first impression as you drive up is "Cute and nicely maintained". My wife and I stayed in one room and a worker stayed in another. CLEAN and SPOTLESS is the first thing that you notice (My worker even commented later that day on "How clean and nice this hotel is"!) The rooms are small and the furniture is design dated, but that is half the charm! If I had one small criticism it was that the beds were not a Hilton "Pillow top" (they were a little hard, but once I fell asleep, I didnt notice <wink>).

Another bonus is that the hotel is located next to a small convienience store and also jsut a block away from a TERRIFIC restaurant, "NICHOLS WEST"... We walked there for dinner and had a really good dinner experience!

If I ever get to run a small Motel, I will pattern it after the Sierra Vista, in Congress, AZ!... I would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hotdogguy
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Ditto Bold_Explorer and Conaan comments.,We were in our arrive late, leave early mode and Sierra Vista suited us perfectly. Thanks Cindy

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Sweet little place, really freindly owner, not a 5 star stop, but functional, friendly and in a peacefull spot close to a really nice restaurant, in the dessert. Has AC, cable & wifi, so connection to the outside world all within reach. Certainly has my vote for a good overnight stop.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bold_Explorer
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I was directed to the Sierra Vista Hotel by the folks at Arizona Gold Adventures. It was perfect for what I needed; close to Rich HIll, a kitchenette and seamless internet. The spotlessly clean room, free cable and high-quality linens were a bonus. It's always a pleasure to stay at a place where the owner truly cares about her place and her customers! There are a couple of restaurants next door, so everything is very convenient. If you stay here(and I hope you do) make sure to take some time to chat with Cindy!

I'm looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Conaan
Reviewed 24 May 2010

What a great surprise on the way East from LA....incredible scenic drive then a cool perfect little motel in the dessert town of Congress.
small rooms but emaculately clean....with everything u need.Also minutes walk in the dessert go an incredible restaurant..Nichols West ..where u can have a perfect martinni,calamari & sausage and Brie at this amazing bar and restaurant. The whole Congress ecerience was surreal. Take a trip out of your way here for a great motel.

2  Thank Paulm1632
Reviewed 26 April 2010

On our way in to Prescott but didn't want to miss seeing the views - Hey! - a motel in Congress! High speed wireless? Check. Cable tv? Check. Well set back from the road? Check. Cute cute cute? we're in! Cost under $60, room has a kitchenette with small sink, frig, microwave, and table. Very fresh paint, raked yard areas, lots of attention to detail and cleanliness. White cotton chenille bedspreads - who does that!?! Advertises itself as being the smallest motel in Arizona - it's two duplex cabins. Major props to the owner manager - the buildings are from the forties, but her care and attention make them shine. Just super comfortable - and the room smells great! Not the stinkum sprayed by many major chain maids, but a natural clean smell. Great night's rest - a distant car passed every 30 minutes or so, and the birds started chatting early - that we can deal with! Thanks Cindy! See this for some pictures and comments by another: http://raam-congress-arizona.blogspot.com/2009/06/sierra-vista-motel-congress-arizona.html

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank calmloki

Been to Sierra Vista Motel? Share your experiences!