“Mixed Feelings”
Review of Lo Lo Mai Springs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornville
Lo Lo Mai Springs
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It is a nice place.. It has a playground for the kids, a swimming pool, basketball court and shuffle board. I wasnt real impressed with the "rec room". It basically just had a piano and movies. However, I would still recommend this place. I gave it 2 stars instead of 3 for two reasons. One, it was a bit pricey and although the staff was very nice, there was one guy that wasnt. I audit companies for a living and customer service is a huge thing. There was a man (It seemed to me they were the husband and wife that came during second shift) that had dark hair that I noticed in the afternoons. He is very rude. If you ask him something, he acts like you are bothering him. At one point when we were waiting for the racoons to come out. he rudely said "if you are quiet and stop shining the light maybe they will come out." Ironically, it was just as noisy the night before and there were people shining lights and they came out just fine. Either way, his tone was very condescending! My husband and I both asked him questions and def got the impression that he does not want to be bothered. The other staff is nice, but unfortunately this guy is around alot so you might have no choice but to communicate with him. The only other thing that I would suggest to the staff is name tags. The internet works great in the cabins, but I did notice that in some of the areas where the RVs are parked, it does not. Either way, our family had a good time!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank angela j

Reviewed 28 February 2013

What a wonderful, peaceful place to camp. It is centrally located just off the main road to Sedona and other hot spots. It is near several wineries for an afternoon of wine tasting.
The staff are all very helpful and well informed on the places to visit. The amenities are very clean and well maintained.
One of the best factors of this camp resort is that the owners are pet friendly and there is a wonderful path to walk them and water for them to swim on those hot Arizona days. Thanks Lo Lo Mai for the wonderful stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We found out about Lo Lo Mai Springs after searching for a place in Sedona that allowed dogs to stay. The campground is a mixture of RV sites, cabins and tent sites. Located on Oak Creek with a spring fed pond, the grounds are lovely and secluded but near several wineries and about a 10 mile drive from Sedona. The cabins very rustic--bring your own linens. So if you are looking for luxury this is not the place. But if you are looking for communing with nature or a place to camp with the family, Lo Lo Mai Springs would be great option. There was a playground and pool--perfect for families with kids. Laundry facility available as well. The manager was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie-in-Austin
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My son said it "was the best place on earth"~ I think it had to do with the pool, playground and running all over the camp ground~ Lo Lo Mai is really charming~ We had great service in fact we left our ketchup at home and the store didn't have any to sell so they gave us their own~ Our campsite area wasn't choice for me only because we were in a heavy traffic area but the kids were close to all the fun stuff~ I would go back for family fun!!!!~
Monique Schaffer

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank moniqueschaffer76
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We loved our one night stay here and wish that we had stayed alot longer.
It is very quiet with beautiful surroundings and wildlife. We saw skunks and racoons.
Our RV site was next to the creek and we had trees between us and other RVs. The campsite is all grass and trees which is alot more enjoyable than stones or concrete.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The showers are great.
We checked out of Lo Lo Mai as we had already made a booking at Rancho Sedona however we wished that we had cancelled that booking and stayed at Lo Lo Mai as Lo Lo Mai is alot more beautiful and less crowded. Rancho Sedona is fine but the campsite is all stones and the RVs are packed next to each other.
The only issue is that Lo Lo Mai is 10 miles from Sedona which adds 20 miles to your trip each day if you plan on spending your time in Sedona. However, it is still worthwhile to stay at Lo Lo Mai as it is such a great campsite.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Caroline073
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed at the loft cabin which slept 6 comfortably. The cabin was beautiful and clean!! Our cabin was equipped with everything you need. The kids loved sleeping in the upstairs loft. Our family loved it there. We plan on going back often. The staff was friendly and the entire resort is paradise. This place is highly recommended!

Room Tip: Not really rooms but cabins :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank SusanG330
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Our family just returned from a 5 night stay at Lo Lo Mai. First off, let me say that many of the poor or terrible reviews were written in 2010 or earlier. I can only assume the campground is now under different management, because they were EXTREMELY friendly, helpful, and welcoming. We did not encounter a single problem with reservations, check in, or asking for helpful advice at the office. Our campsite was perfect with nice hook ups and ample shade. The kids absolutely loved swimming in Oak Creek and the pool, and we were able to both run and ride bikes around the property. Enjoyed the very clean, private, air conditioned bathrooms with stand up showers, sink and mirror. There was a nice playground and basketball court for the kids, along with the club house and ice cream in the store. My only slight complaint is the thick red sand that covers much of the ground ended up all over our shoes and camper. The WiFi does only work the clubhouse, and phone service is minimal. Also, they are a critter friendly resort, so be sure to pack your snacks into a vehicle or camper at night. We lost over half our stash to the racoons and skunks on night one! The kids did enjoy watching them feed, however. I would highly recommend LoLo Mai to anyone with families/children. We will return if we are ever back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Lisa P

Been to Lo Lo Mai Springs? Share your experiences!