Lo Lo Mai Springs
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cornville
See available hotels
Courtyard Sedona(Sedona)
Little Daisy Motel(Cottonwood)
Verde Valley Inn(Cottonwood)
Pines Motel(Cottonwood)
View Motel(Cottonwood)
  • Pool
All reviewstent campingbeautiful campgroundbathrooms and showersbasketball courtfull hookupsrv parktravel trailerdump stationcreek runningaround midnightpool and hot tuban oasis in the desertgeneral storesedona areafront officelaundry roomchecking in
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is a nice campground (also has RV spaces and rustic cabins for rent) with good ammenities such as showers, wi-fi and flushing restrooms (sorry - we tried the "rural camping" once, and that hole in the ground thingy just didn't cut it for me, (my obsessive nightmare that some poo monster was going to reach up from the stinky turf at the bottom of the pit and drag me, screaming, never to be heard from again to a toilet-paper drowing death meant I either had to hold on until we ventured back to humanity or I had to pee in a bush and risk being eaten alive by ticks...neither option was good).

There is also a pool and spa and a small playpark with a ball hoop and so on. Don't expect NBA standards though, we're talking a dusty patch of ground here. Having said that, all the kids seemed to be having a blast!! The little shop has basic provisions and snacks, including wood for the firepits each site has. We always camp when we stay here, so I can't comment on the RV or cabins, but every site we've tried has always been great. Yo get to choose on a first-come-first-serve basis. Some sites are by the Oak Creek, so you get the sound of bubbling water to sooth you to sleep, others are nesteled in the trees. Either way it's good.

Major bonus for us is that it is dog friendly (there is a sur-charge of, I think, $5 a night per dog), which is great for us as we always bring the pooch along. On the subject of money, I would say that is the only drawback - the cost. You pay per night, for 2 people, but they add on per child and per dog, so for us with 2 kids and a dog is added up to approx. $55 with tx a night, which despite the extras I feel is a bit steep. The location, though, which I guess is how come the can change so much, is only a 10-15minute drive to Sedona (and Cottonwood in the opposite direction, which has its own quaint charm), and we love to go hiking during the day.

Pick up a map of Sedona at a local gas station. Many hikes are free, but some require a day-pass that you can purchase from the gas station also. Your shoes will get covered in red dust, so don't wear your best whities!

Overall this is a great little place to stay. Rural enough you feel like you're in nature, but modern enough you don't have to confront the poo-monster and give up all semblance of 21st century living. Cell phone connection is poor here, but the wi-fi is generally reliable (although we barely used it). The staff are overall very pleasant although I agree with another poster about the grumpy guy in the front office.

Star of the show though has to be the raccoons and skunks that come out at night. Beautiful to see....almost worth the surcharges!!

Room Tip: You can head either left or right from the front office to choose a campsite. My personal recommendation would be to head right. It is less populated and the further you head there are only tents so it is quiter and more private. Closer to the pool and office there appears to be a lot more activity such as kids anging out at night and so on. This might not bother some poeple, but I come here to get away from the hub-ub of everyday life so I prefer the P&Q. If you like the stream sounds, get a spot closer to the creek.
5  Thank BuggalugsAz
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were looking for somewhere to stay near Sedona and chose Lo Lo Mai. It's about 13 miles south of Sedona just off Highway 89A.

The check-in process was simple and we were given a couple of choices of sites and from looking around there don't appear to be any bad ones, just good and even better. There are a couple of spots on grass right near the creek. The park is very shaded and has a couple of different levels that the kids enjoyed riding up and down on their bicycles - the shade having the added advantage of blocking the satellite TV signals.

The park is right next to Oak Creek and it looks like it could be a lot of fun to swim in during the summer. The facilities are spotless and well maintained with a laundry room (much needed with the Sedona desert dust!), restrooms, a kids play area and a ball court. When you get back exhausted from a day of hiking there's a pool, a hot tub and the office has a huge selection of videos that can be borrowed.

Each spot has a campfire and a table and you can buy a barrow full of wood for $8. The store also has a good supply of emergency items.

If you come out of the site and turn left there are a couple of vineyards that we found on our last day but didn't get the chance to check out.

It was an 800 mile drive to get to Sedona but we're definitely going back and definitely will stay at the Lo Lo Mai.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Si405
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My kids loved it, and my dogs also loved it. Fun things to do and the creek was beautiful, it even had a waterfall which you could see as you walk the trail. Enjoyed the cute racoons too :) We will def go back!

2  Thank alnjudy
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It is a nice place.. It has a playground for the kids, a swimming pool, basketball court and shuffle board. I wasnt real impressed with the "rec room". It basically just had a piano and movies. However, I would still recommend this place. I gave it 2 stars instead of 3 for two reasons. One, it was a bit pricey and although the staff was very nice, there was one guy that wasnt. I audit companies for a living and customer service is a huge thing. There was a man (It seemed to me they were the husband and wife that came during second shift) that had dark hair that I noticed in the afternoons. He is very rude. If you ask him something, he acts like you are bothering him. At one point when we were waiting for the racoons to come out. he rudely said "if you are quiet and stop shining the light maybe they will come out." Ironically, it was just as noisy the night before and there were people shining lights and they came out just fine. Either way, his tone was very condescending! My husband and I both asked him questions and def got the impression that he does not want to be bothered. The other staff is nice, but unfortunately this guy is around alot so you might have no choice but to communicate with him. The only other thing that I would suggest to the staff is name tags. The internet works great in the cabins, but I did notice that in some of the areas where the RVs are parked, it does not. Either way, our family had a good time!

3  Thank angela j
Reviewed 28 February 2013

What a wonderful, peaceful place to camp. It is centrally located just off the main road to Sedona and other hot spots. It is near several wineries for an afternoon of wine tasting.
The staff are all very helpful and well informed on the places to visit. The amenities are very clean and well maintained.
One of the best factors of this camp resort is that the owners are pet friendly and there is a wonderful path to walk them and water for them to swim on those hot Arizona days. Thanks Lo Lo Mai for the wonderful stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family