“Wow!! Love this place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lo Lo Mai Springs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornville
Lo Lo Mai Springs
Flagstaff
“Wow!! Love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

My wife, two boy's and I have stayed here twice. We love it here. It is so green and peaceful. The boy's love the ducks, racoons, and even the skunks. Yes they feed the wildlife, which I think is great. My boys look forward to dusk, so we can walk down to the office and see the racoons, skunks, and last time we saw Havalina!! The staff have been nothing but nice. We will stay here again. Oh and about going 5 miles an hour, I agree with the staff, there are ALOT of kids running around, and I did witness people driving way to fast. Slow down and relax...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tgbwood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

My husband and I first saw this RV park on the way to a tour of the wonderful wine-tasting vineyards at Page Springs a few minutes down the road. We have a little RV, so I thought I'd do an overnight at Lo Lo Mai to see what the park was like before the family spent a weeklong ++ vacation there.
Oh, my gosh, was it ever wonderful!!!
My husband wasn't along for the overnighter, so the kids and I just rented a cabin instead of bringing the RV.
The park was absolutely lovely. It's such a nice surprise---you drive through the desert and as you turn off the road and drive down into the campgrounds, the whole landscape changes. You arrive at an oasis in the desert---a forest nestled near a creek---a quaint log cabin paradise.
Our picturesque cabin was huge and was stocked with dishes and a coffee maker and all the comforts of home. It was nestled in the tall trees and overlooked a scenic duck pond. Perhaps the best part of all was that despite the full kitchen, bath with shower, indoor cooling, and old fashion log cabin style, the lodgings here were far more reasonably priced than any of the nearby hotels where you would just get a room with a bed and bath, you know? It was like finding a secret hideaway!
Our one night trip felt like a full vacation, as we spent the first day in Jerome (around 15 minutes away), the evening and morning at camp and the next day in Sedona (15 minutes the other way). We had an incredible time! We hiked through the breathtakingly beautiful grounds and went swimming in the resort pool. In the evening, we bought wood for our campfire from the very nice resort staff and roasted marshmellows for s'mores. We saw all sorts of critters running around, including a skunk! We woke up to the birds chirping and the morning freshness of the forest.
Although it was hot in Cornville, it's surprisingly cool under those trees near the creek, and the cooler made it very comfortable inside the cabin.
All in all, it was a terrific vacation---one of my favorite vacations of all time, in fact!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank partof
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2009

We have been members for 11+ years and love our trips to Lo Lo Mai. It is quiet, peaceful, and restful when we are there. It also is rustic and you get the 'camping' experience even though your are 10-15 mins from Cottonwood/Sedona. We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We would recommend Lo Lo Mai to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Cave Creek
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

We had the worst travel experience at this place. We checked in on Monday and unpacked. We stayed in cabin 8. The cabin seemed decent on arrival and we were happy. I was taking a rest on the bed before an early evening hike and saw something crawling on my pillow. I asked my husband what it was and he wasn’t sure but we suspected bed bugs but did not want to believe it at first, so we dismissed it. Then I saw another one on the other bed. My husband lifted the mattress and found tiny bed bugs and eggs. They were everywhere, in the cracks of the furniture etc. We went to the office with one we captured and put in a zip lock bag. The office was disinterested they told us that they would have a service person come up to the cabin and take a look. The service person arrived and said “yes, their bed bugs alright”. We went back to the office and they did not want to offer us another cabin, they told us our choice was to leave. We asked for a refund, because you have to pay upfront in full for your stay before arriving and they said it was against their policy. They were really rude. We left without a refund. It was 9pm, I am five months pregnant with a young child and we found ourselves driving around Sedona trying to find a place to stay. We eventually checked into a Best Western and enjoyed the rest of our week. We did have to throw out all of our bedding, because we had them on the beds. It was a terrible experience. I was so surprised how the staff treated us. I do not recommend staying at this place.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
9 Thank ang65
lolomai, Manager at Lo Lo Mai Springs, responded to this review, 10 August 2009
Unfortunately some of the things in this review are just not true. This is a campground and RV resort with rustic camping cabins in a wooded area. Our cleaning crew thoroughly clean all cabins every time someone checks out. Sometimes, unknowingly, bugs are brought in with customers and can lie dormant until the next customers arrive. While it is true we did have an infestation in one of our cabins, we certainly were not "disinterested" when it was brought to our attention. When we explained it is not normally our policy to refund we absolutely did offer a different cabin. The customers were very angry and wanted a refund in addition to taking the available cabin. The conversation soon degraded into the customer berating and threatening the front desk girl until the customers left the grounds. In the end, the customers were given a full refund. As the customer stated in her review, it WAS a terrible experience and WE were surprised at how WE were treated. We are a small, family-run park, not a Best Western or other similar resort. We have since had the offending cabin professionally treated several times and are hoping we can get back some of our revenue lost from the review from this customer.

Travellers are raving about these Cornville hotels

Glendale, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

When we bought our trailer 2 years ago Lo Lo Mai was our maiden voyage. We had so much fun and a wonderful experience. I know that there have been some complaints about the staff but we have repeatedly found them to be very friendly and can't say that we have ever had a bad experience there. We have gone with friends who have rented the cabins in the past and they are very cute. We really love Lo Lo Mai. Our 7th return trip is for fathers day and I rented a cabin for my in-laws, I'm sure the experience will be pleasant for them to.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jtzcrew
Ft. Worth, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

The 10 mile trip outside Sedona was well worth the drive to get to our cabin. As a family, we rented the 2 bedroom cabin which was very clean and nicely decorated. After eating every meal out for a week, we stopped and bought groceries and really enjoyed Bar-B-Que on the grill each night. We enjoyed getting internet each day out on the patio so we could keep up with the world. They have free video's for your watching at the office. You won't have any phone reception, but we went out everyday and were able to call family. Grandson really enjoyed the pool, as did his folks.
My only complaint was the hide-a-bed....it is new since the pictures have been taken of the cabin (which shows a futon) and the mattress is horrible..no way 2 people could sleep on it together.
My husband & I slept on the bottom bunk together (which is also different from the pictures...it shows a trundle bed).
All in all...we had a great time. Family went to the Safari and really enjoyed that. A trip to the winery was excellent & we bought some wine.
A 5 foot snake went slithering along the fence one morning, and the patio furniture had a million spider webs & baby spiders when we arrived, which freaked out my daughter-in-law!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

Management was awful.went down to look at the area and an almost bald lady came out screaming! No people skills. Feel like you are unwanted there! Cleaning lady was very nice... thatxs about the only good thing i can say about that place. Such a shame because its a beautiful location but i will never return and never reccommend anyone else to.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank kristin2116
lolomai, Manager at Lo Lo Mai Springs, responded to this review, 19 July 2009
I am just wondering what was done in order to make someone come out "screaming". We have rules here (drive slow, don't let your dog off leash, stop where the sign says "stop", etc.). Perhaps this person was not following the rules. Aside from that, is it really necessary to point out someone is "almost bald"?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
#18 of 48 in Sedona
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Oak Creek Terrace Resort
Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort

Been to Lo Lo Mai Springs? Share your experiences!