“homey earthy option for breakfast”

Crema Craft Kitchen Bar
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Crema's menu offers more than brunch, coffee, and craft cocktails. We also make gelato and sorbets from scratch right here in our own creamery. The sweetened base of gelato is known as "cream". We make our own cream in small batches, then slowly add the freshest natural ingredients to create classic flavors and try new innovative ones. Our produce is sourced locally when possible. Many of our items are free of GMO's. You'll notice flavors carousel with the season, so enjoy them while they last. "Creme" also refers to the delicate foam atop a promising espresso shot. We use locally-based, organic, certified fair trade, coffee roasted by Prescott Coffee Roasters.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“homey earthy option for breakfast”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

fresh local ingredients fantastic service, good coffee. a welcome stop as part of the breakfast option from staying at the Tavern Hotel. laid back vibe and comfortable

Visited November 2013
1 Thank izymassage

Phoenix, Arizona
“Small Town Rudeness”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My two sisters and I took a short day trip north, swinging through Cottonwood, Jerome, and Prescott, then back down to Phoenix. It was mid-morning when we got to Cottonwood and too early for lunch, so we stopped for coffee/tea and pastry. Crema Cafe is on the main street and its gated courtyard looked inviting. There were a few people at the tables outside. As my one sister and I placed our order to-go order at the counter inside, my other sister asked to use the bathroom. The woman behind the counter gave her a harsh look, then pointed in the direction. After we got a blueberry scone, pumpkin croissant and tea, we decided instead to sit outside for a few minutes at what appeared to be a communal table (there were a few--all empty). The pumpkin croissant was good but the scone did not taste scone-like. My one sister said it tasted like a big cookie. After a few bites I went inside to ask for a cup of water. As I asked the young guy for some water and before I could even finish, the women who scowled at my sister earlier blurted out, "You know our tables are only for parties of people. They're not for to-go orders so you can't sit there." I was stunned. Not only did I not get a glass of water but because my sisters and I did not sit down, ask for a menu and place a big breakfast order we were treated as if we had just wandered in off the street asking for water and to use the bathroom-- and yet we were paying customers who just decided to sit for a moment on a patio where most tables were empty. This was not lunch rush hour or even a dinner hour where people were waiting to be seated. This was a lazy mid-morning Sunday on a sleepy street in a tiny town! I went back to the table and told my sisters what happened and their mouths dropped. As we pulled away from Cottonwood we discussed the rudeness of that woman and the implications she would never know -- such as one of my sisters had thought the courtyard she might have a special party there where everyone would go to Cottonwood and they'd order up a storm. Would she do it now? Not a chance. So the rudeness of that one woman who probably just worked there and was not an owner changed the economic climate for that place...even if for a day. And just a note: Even if we had just wandered in off the street and did not place an order, would it really be a nice, loving and ethical thing to do to refuse us water and a bathroom? The owners at Creme Cafe need to look more carefully at who they are hiring to serve travelers, tourists, and townies.

5 Thank Marnie M
Tucson, Arizona
“Pleasant Courtyard, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stopped here for lunch after passing it up for dinner the night before. The courtyard was very pleasant and offered a nice view of the street for people-watching. Our server was very friendly and prompt. I had a salad that was fresh but nothing outstanding considering the price. Husband had a to-go burrito that he said was tasty but too small. He wanted to order another one but they were sold out. Daughter had a chocolate gelato to go that we only got a spoonful of so I'm thinking it must have been delicious. Would try eating here again if ever passing through Cottonwood again.

“"Mistaken Goodness "”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

While searching for another cafe we found this quaint little cafe in Historic Cottonwood. We entered thru a gate off the sidewalk into a well placed bistro courtyard and was met by owner Kelley. She was friendly , smiling and answered all our questions. We ordered two cups of the house bolds. The menu was well presented offering a great choice of dishes. We both agreed on the Grab and Go Breakfast burritos. The coffee was rich, bold and fresh. The burritos were wrapped in local hand made tortillas and filled with fresh ingredients including made fresh every morning pico de gallo. The best part this meal includes the coffee,the whole breakfast was under $11.00. Kelley and her staff
were awesome. We will be back.

Castroville, California
“If you love bacon ...”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stopped here for breakfast and the highlight was the red-pepper glazed bacon. Yum! Food was delicious.