“Desert Rose, via Roomarama”

Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My Daughter suggested Roomarama. We used it to book the "mid sized room" for 5 nights. We paid in advance, as per Roomarama policy.

I sent email the night before to confirm, no answer.
I called upon arrival to Phoenix. voice mail, no response
We arrived to Cottonwood at 3 pm. No one was there except 2 other guests that gave us Heidi's cellphone. She couldn't come to check us in because "I'm buying a car" The guests told us she does check in at 4pm. She told us to check ourselves in, "The keys are in the door" We took a look around noting that the pictures on the website are basically the common areas. The mid-sized room is a bedroom with a 1/2 bath. If we wanted to shower, we would need to share with the other room. Plus the full bath is right off the dining room. (The place is a house) We felt deceived and wanted to talk to the owner/manager and maybe work out something with the larger rooms upstairs, even if for only 1-2 nights. He was not available. Heidi again said "I'm buying a car, and I can't do the bookings!"

We waited around, but nobody showed up.

We decided to leave. We found nice accommodations in Sedona.

I find this service too slipshod.... what is worse, Roomarama is keeping the full fee, even though we did not stay. The owner accuses us of lying! this despite the fact that we paid in full in advance, traveled out of the way to go there, and were willing to make some arrangement...

Buyer Beware when using this "service"

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank rss57
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

YES, we are a B&B which is a house with rooms. EXACTLY what a B&B is supposed to be!

The first and most important lesson to be learned here is NOT to book accommodation through a THIRD PARTY as we have NO control on their policies and how they represent our B&B. Had you gone to our website and looked at the room description, you would have clearly seen that our Mid Size room has a private 1/2 bath and shares a full bath with the Compact room.

I am glad you were able to find nice accommodation in Sedona and hope you enjoyed our area. Next time you come back, perhaps you should book our Full Size Deluxe room DIRECTLY with us.

I am sorry that Roomorama is keeping your money because we will not receive any payment for this booking. A slipshod service indeed.

The villain here is the THIRD PARTY booking agent and again, the lesson to be learned is to always book accommodation DIRECTLY through the accommodation provider after having done thorough research.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Sebastion was great from start to finish. The house is very clean and the beds are wonderful. Breakfast is bagels and toast with some juices and coffee, nothing crazy so if you are really hungry I would suggest going out to eat otherwise its nice. The llamas were friendly. Be sure tograb some carrots and feed them.

I would definitely recommend Desert Rose to friends and family!

Room Tip: Master suite for sure with the connected bathroom!
3  Thank 668michaelw668

I am thrilled to hear that I was great from start to finish! I do try to make all our guests feel special and comfortable, I most particularly love taking care of our guests!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, we hope to host you again soon.

Seb

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The home was comfortable and the continental breakfast was served complete with china a very nice presentation. We would stay here again. We came to go wine tasting. Old Town Cottonwood was very close. Convenient location for exploring Jerome, Sedona and the Verde Valley. Frank and Roberta E

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roberta E

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us, we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Thanks for commenting on our central location as we are basically 15 minutes from everywhere you would want to visit in the Verde Valley and within about 10 minutes from all wineries and tasting rooms!

Seb

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I'd never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, but if I ever do again, I'll be using the Desert Rose as the standard to judge by.

The staff was courteous and helpful, and the accommodations were top-notch. I was lucky enough to stay in the full-size room, and I felt like I was staying in a 5-star hotel.

If you're planning a trip to Cottonwood, stay in no other place.

Room Tip: Go for the full size, trust me it's worth it!
4  Thank Jacob F
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much and look forward to hosting you again soon. Yes, our Full Size Deluxe room is for sure our best room as it caters to the most discriminating guests (with the custom shower, double sink and Jacuzzi tub), but the fact that we have many different room types enables us to cater to the more budget conscious as well. Again, it was a pleasure having you stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I visited recently. We stayed in the biggest suite on the top floor. It was luxurious, big bath with jacuzzi jets, shower with double heads, all newly remodeled. Sebastian was friendly and helpful. Heidi was very sweet and friendly, going to extra trouble to make us comfortable. We spent two lovely nights, including several hours out by a fire pit (we roasted marshmallows -- so decadent and old-fashioned!), which Sebastian cheerfully lit for us. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms cozy, and the resident B & B cats even greeted us like family. The B & B is ideally located between Sedona and Jerome, less than 30 minutes from each (15 minutes to Sedona.) We will be back!

3  Thank AriTucson1979
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

A small note that I would like to clarify is that our resident cats do NOT enter the bed and breakfast at any time. They are outdoor cats and are very friendly. They do like to great guests as they drive up!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Thank you very much for the warm and friendly stay there. We had a wonderful time! We particularly loved having a driver for the wine tour. Nice touch! The room was large as well as the bathroom which had the double shower heads. Can't wait to see how the grounds look during summer when everything is green. Thanks again. We WILL be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan E
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your package which included a tour of the wineries which has us drive guests to the wineries, enabling guests to enjoy fully the wine tour experience!

The shower and Jacuzzi tubs found in our Deluxe room are perfect and fit for a Queen and King! We are glad you enjoyed those as well.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, we look forward to hosting you again soon. In the summer months, the grounds are so lush and perfectly groomed!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I arrived a little early and Heidi was there to greet me, with warm chocolate chip cookies, I might add. I was shown to my room, which was the smallest room of the lot, but it was so sweet, and tastefully decorated, the gorgeous bed boasted white linens and the most luxurious mattress, I slept like a baby every night.

I was there during off peak time, and got a really great rate for the room ( which was honoured even tho it was the 3rd of feb and the rate went back up on the 1st), and nobody else was in my wing so I actually got the full use of the shared bath for the 5 nights. I am not entirely sure about the room rate during peak time, but I think it goes up to 99.00 per night, which for a shared room, I find a little steep considering what is available in the area. That would be my only comment about that because the room, and the house is really a charming and perfect retreat regardless of that point. I couldn't find the towels the first night ( they were in the closet duh), so I took a peak into the other rooms to see if I could grab a towel, and those rooms with en suite bath were truly beautiful also.

I am a vegan, so don't eat dairy and every morning heidi cut me a big bowl of extra fruit to make up for my odd eating habits ( no yogurt and I don't eat wheat so no toast etc). The Continental breakfast looked great and adequate for others.

BONUS: big decanter of purified water, fresh fruit bowl throughout the day

The whole house was kept very clean and full of lots of information for travellers. I had a week without my family and it was a great base camp for Jerome, Sedona, Prescott, Flagstaff etc.

When my family joined me, we rented a full house in Oak Creek Village, but Heidi invited my husband and I to bring our 7 year old and feed the lama's anytime. So we did. I might need a lama here in vancouver now.

The Desert Rose was a perfect private retreat for me and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be lovely, but if you have a few extra dollars I would suggest you stay in o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank whitelightchef
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you very much for writing this insightful review. Everyone comments on how our King mattresses found in all rooms are super comfortable, we are glad you slept like a baby!

It was a great pleasure having you stay here with us and hope you come back to stay with us soon. (With husband and child too!)

Sebastien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
Best Western Cottonwood Inn
The Tavern Hotel
The Tavern Hotel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!