“Not worth what we paid”

Ranked #4 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona
“Not worth what we paid”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Comfortable bed and great jacuzzi & shower..... But room was not what is pictured on the website. For what we paid, I don't think a continental breakfast is enough. Rooms were clean and private. No flat screen TV in the room

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Catscnr
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry that you felt you did not get what you paid for. Since your stay, we have added a hot item to the menu every morning. Please come back and have a bite of our wonderful quiche.

If you would like to discuss your stay more in depth, do feel free to email me at desertrosebandb@hotmail.com or call me at 928-646-0236

Sebastien

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Minnesota
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was traveling alone and wanted a quiet place to come to. I got the compact room, which was actually compact. It was just a bedroom with a very comfortable king sized bed. There was no TV - this is good for you. The bathroom was in the hallway and I would've shared, but it was the off season so I was the only guest using it while I was there. Breakfast was great - it is just like a continental breakfast, except if you really want something (like eggs), maybe just ask for them the day before. I'm not much of a breakfast person so toast and fruit was good for me. Of course any day you wake up to the coffee made for you is a good day. The grounds were beautiful and well kept up. The livestock were cute, but didn't want to hang out with me. I read some great reviews and some negative reviews on here before I booked. Basically, this place is like staying with a very amazing relative that you have no obligation to hang out with and will still make you breakfast. If you constantly need things or need someone to greet you every time you walk in - you will be better serve at a motel. This is be more like a home away from home. Betty was very amazing, warm, and kind. Thank you for an amazing, quiet and beautiful place to stay.

Also, the drive into Sedona or Jerome are both amazing. I spent most of my time in Sedona and this location didn't bother me one bit!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank yippie22
Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful stay with us at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. We do try to make people feel comfortable and it is very quiet! We sure hope you come visit us again soon.

Since your stay we have added a hot item to our menu which typically is a quiche or eggs.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Though at first I was apprehensive of the location, I was in for a big surprise. The beds are large and amazingly comfortable and the service was astounding. We only stayed for one night but it's certainly a night that was worth my time and my money. You definitely get the service beyond what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Treanna N
Yes, I know, many people are apprehensive when they pull up to our place because we are in a typical rural Arizona neighborhood which has a mixture of homes within it. We can only control our 1.5 acres and not the surrounding properties. All our rooms do have KING beds and they are super comfortable as you pointed out.

SERVICE BEYOND WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Thanks, we do try to go above and beyond for all our guests. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come soon and for longer next time.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Desert Rose. We felt very comfortable and my daughter really loved feeding the llamas in the backyard. We enjoyed the living room where we were able to watch a Christmas classic movie with my family. Continental breakfast was very good with lots of healthy choices. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Patty C
It always makes me extremely happy when we get guest reviews like yours because as you pointed out and noticed, we try to do all that we can to make guests feel special and give each guest as much attention as they require.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again soon. Sebastien.
Payson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was our 2nd time and we found it to be very pleasant just as much as the first time. I always feel very comfortable at The Desert Rose B&B.
They are very welcoming and make you feel special. I especially love the wonderful fresh berries that are waiting for us at breakfast. The living room area is one of m favorite places to relax after a long day of sight seeing in either Sedona or Jerome. Nice big couch and television to catch up on the das events. The Llamas out back are adorable and I love to watch them frolic. Our room was very large, plenty of room. Nice and coz, We had a great time!!

Room Tip: We stay on the lower level due to m hubbies disability and the are always very accommodating
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie M
It was great hosting you and your husband yet again. Return business shows that we make our guests feel special here at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you again soon. Sebastien
Terrebonne, Oregon
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We found this B&B after reading an ad for 60% off in our local paper. We had originally wanted to book 1 night, but were encouraged to book 2 for more savings. We had to pay up front because we were only a few weeks out. We were encouraged to call when we were an hour away. We actually arrived in town 5 hours early but went to Jerome for lunch and wandered thru the shops.
We arrived early but were welcomed to check in. We had the medium sized unit and checked in quickly. Sebastien took us on a tour of our room and the property. This was the end of the summer season and found Sebra raking leaves the whole time we were there. We were the only couple there even though we saw other people coming and going. The pool was obviously shut down but we were offered the use of the hot tub which was for family only, but had to turn the temp up an hour ahead if we wanted to use it.
The room was comfortable but a little tired. The first night going to the bathroom was a challenge in the dark. We usually bring a night light with us, but did not on this occasion. Sebra did offer us a book light after I mentioned it to her the next morning. This was a good solution.
Each morning we had a wonderful continental breakfast with their finest silver and china. We found the LR very comfortable, but had other couples been there we would not have felt like we were at home.
This is our second B&B, so we didn't know what to expect. We were not terribly disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Penny P
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Penny,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our off season fantastic deal, that you appreciated us checking you early, that you found the room & bed comfortable and surroundings to be spacious (Both indoor and outdoor).

Our spacious and well manicured property is adorned with many huge trees. With fall unfortunately comes falling leaves which is not our favorite time of year but we deal with it by raking leaves multiple times per day to upkeep the property as much as we do.

Glad to hear that Sebra did come up with a swift solution to the low lighting issue; she is a wonderful and attentive innkeeper! May we inform you and all that are reading this review that we have now added night lights in all bathrooms!

We are constantly improving the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast and we hope you will come stay with us again to see all our small improvements which we hope will translate into 100% guest satisfaction!

Cell: 928-499-5009
Email: desertrosebandb@hotmail.com
Basalt, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I soooo enjoyed my one night at the Desert Rose, coming from Sedona and on my way to the Phoenix airport. I had visited the historic town of Jerome at another time, and wanted to explore Cottonwood. The Desert Rose is the perfect example of a 5 star B & B. It's very charming with lots of attention to details and equally special is the genuine graciousness and caring for each guest from hosts Sebastian and Sebra. The yummy and beautifully presented breakfast could convince you to stay longer! Cottonwood is an historic town with modern features (City Tavern is great for a meal) and if you love antiques . . . this is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dorothy F
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
"A 5 star B&B" WOW!

We do try our best to provide a 5 star service to all our guests and it seems like you noticed! Thank you very much for noticing and then writing about your 5 star experience you enjoyed whilst staying at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast.

Sebra, all our staff and myself all have the same philosophy which is to put guest needs and guest satisfaction as our very top goal and priority.

I would like to apologize for not having responded to your review earlier. The months of September are our busiest, we were swamped with guests and since one of our top priority is to provide exceptional guest service to our guests, we had not had the time to respond to reviews!

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Cell: 928-499-5009