“Nice Weekend Getaway”

Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went up to Cottonwood to explore the local wineries and escape the Valley heat in June. We learned it isn't that much cooler in Cottonwood, but it was a nice getaway and the Desert Rose ended up being a nice place to stay. We had a winery tour 2-night package for the Deluxe Room. I highly recommend staying in that room. It is the only one that has an ensuite bathroom. It looked like it was newly renovated and very nicely decorated.

We were somewhat worried as we drove up the street and saw the old trailer houses and junkyard/home next door, but once you enter the gates of the Desert Rose, it was nice. The place is quaint and charming. It wasn't the fanciest B&B we've been to, but it was very comfortable and Sebastian was very nice.

The llamas and goat were fun to watch.

Our room was very nice, the bed and pillows very comfortable and the bathroom was nicer than our home master. There was a mini-fridge in the room which was quite nice. The only issue was the A/C in the room wasn't working. The other rooms in the house seemed fine, but there was a definite difference in temperature stepping into our room. Thankfully, it cooled off in the evening to make it fine for sleeping. There was a nice rock waterfall outside our window that offered a soothing sound.

Our first morning the proprietor wasn't there, but provided breakfast cards for a local diner. It was very good food and a nice surprise. We returned to the B&B and the proprietor drove us around to 3 local wineries for a tour at one and tastings at the others. It was nice to not worry about driving for the tastings.

Our second morning we had to hurry away in the morning to meet family obligations so we weren't able to enjoy the breakfast he was setting up.

I would definitely consider staying here again as long as we were able to get the ensuite.

Room Tip: If privacy is important, pay the extra for the Deluxe Room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jchuran83
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Yet another guest who showed up with a look of concern. As usual, that look of concern quickly changed as soon as they drove up the driveway and set foot onto our oasis! As previously stated, we can only control our 1.5 acre property... QUAINT, VERY COMFORTABLE, NICE, FUN are all great adjectives to describe the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast.

Cottonwood is typically 10 degrees cooler than the Valley during the day and at night 20 degrees cooler. An evening or early morning hike or walk down the street is where you will notice the cool Cottonwood air.

All our room are quite similar in décor and it is great that you noticed it to be NEWLY RENOVATED and NICELY DECORATED. I will say this again; all our rooms and common areas have similar décor!

We do offer different packages to our guest and the wine tasting tour is one of the favorites. We are glad you enjoyed it.

We look forward to your next stay. Sebastien

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sebastion, our host, was very helpful and accommodating. Our room was small but comfortable. There was no TV in the room but the common room was cozy for watching the big screen TV there. I did not realize we had a shared bathroom in the hall outside our room. There are rooms with bathrooms en-suite. Make sure you know which room you are reserving. Visiting and feeding the llamas, pony, and goat was my daughters favorite part of the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kim7272

Thank you for mentioning that Sebastien was very helpful and accommodating because this is what I try to do for ALL our guests. This is why we have won numerous awards and have been features in Arizona Highways magazine on multiple occasion.

Our Mid Size and Compact rooms do share a full bathroom and these rooms are more focused towards the budget traveler and are priced accordingly. If you want more luxury, we do highly recommend the Full Size Deluxe room which has a private bathroom which included a Jacuzzi tub.

It was a pleasure hosting you, we look forward to seeing you again here at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My daughter treated her sister and me to a great night at Desert Rose. We found it to be very comfortable and all our needs were met. We will definitely recommend this to our friends. I plan on bringing my husband up for his birthday. We can visit the many local wineries. There is also a fish hatchery close by and lots of interesting trails to hike. I would also recommend the Schoolhouse restaurant. What a fun overnight we had and you will too!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MaryEllen G

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We do look forward to having the opportunity of providing you with GREAT SERVICE again soon. Sebastien

Reviewed 27 March 2014

After some initial wariness, I settled in to a fantastic experience at this wonderful oasis. The healthy breakfasts afforded the energy to last well into the day and the location was excellent, allowing us to see all the Red Rock sights as well as experience Old Town and nearby Jerome. The round trip to Sedona via the back road and the main road let us experience the Lower Loop Road and the Beaverhead Flat Road views. Beautiful clean room with very comfortable bed and pillows. Loved it all. Thank you Sebastion, a most excellent host.
Ross Molberg 3/27/14

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ross M

Yes, we do have a few guests who show up at our door with a certain look of concern! As we let them in, show them around, that look typically changes to one of happiness! We are an oasis in the desert here at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, thanks for noticing!

Our central location enables you to be within 15 minutes of anywhere in the Verde Valley (Cottonwood, Clarkdale, Jerome, Camp Verde, Cornville and Sedona)

We are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon. Sebastien

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Comfortable bed and great shower, but overpriced. Continental breakfast was not great. TV in room was old, not flat screen and did not work. No heat in our room, though we did get a space heater when we mentioned we were cold. Also got a power strip when we pointed out that the room had just one outlet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank J0yce98

I am glad you thought that the bed was spacious and comfortable and that the shower was great. I am sorry that you felt that we were overpriced as we believe that our prices compared to other local options are very competitive.

Since your stay, we have added a hot item to the menu which is typically a quiche. Come back and stay with us again, you'll notice our improvements.

I am also happy to hear that your issues during your stay were quickly resolved. (The power strip and the supplemental heat)

We hope to see you again soon. Sebastien

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Comfortable bed and great jacuzzi & shower..... But room was not what is pictured on the website. For what we paid, I don't think a continental breakfast is enough. Rooms were clean and private. No flat screen TV in the room

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Catscnr

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry that you felt you did not get what you paid for. Since your stay, we have added a hot item to the menu every morning. Please come back and have a bite of our wonderful quiche.

If you would like to discuss your stay more in depth, do feel free to email me at desertrosebandb@hotmail.com or call me at 928-646-0236

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was traveling alone and wanted a quiet place to come to. I got the compact room, which was actually compact. It was just a bedroom with a very comfortable king sized bed. There was no TV - this is good for you. The bathroom was in the hallway and I would've shared, but it was the off season so I was the only guest using it while I was there. Breakfast was great - it is just like a continental breakfast, except if you really want something (like eggs), maybe just ask for them the day before. I'm not much of a breakfast person so toast and fruit was good for me. Of course any day you wake up to the coffee made for you is a good day. The grounds were beautiful and well kept up. The livestock were cute, but didn't want to hang out with me. I read some great reviews and some negative reviews on here before I booked. Basically, this place is like staying with a very amazing relative that you have no obligation to hang out with and will still make you breakfast. If you constantly need things or need someone to greet you every time you walk in - you will be better serve at a motel. This is be more like a home away from home. Betty was very amazing, warm, and kind. Thank you for an amazing, quiet and beautiful place to stay.

Also, the drive into Sedona or Jerome are both amazing. I spent most of my time in Sedona and this location didn't bother me one bit!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank yippie22

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful stay with us at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. We do try to make people feel comfortable and it is very quiet! We sure hope you come visit us again soon.

Since your stay we have added a hot item to our menu which typically is a quiche or eggs.

Sebastien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
The Tavern Hotel
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 6 in Cottonwood
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!