“Refreshing Change, Simply Great Food”

Old Town Red Rooster Cafe
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located on Historic 89A in Old Town Cottonwood. The Old Town Red Rooster Cafe offers a great selection of homemade soups, fresh salads, and their spin on classic comfort food. Check them out on Facebook for their daily specials. Happy eating!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were passing through this Town and was advised to go by a local. A great find, fresh local ingredients where possible, great service. I had the Avocado Skillet my partner the Pancake Breakfast. Both were excellent freshly prepared. If like us you like to support local businesses offering something a bit special and want to get away from the huge chains then I highly recommend this place.

We need to pass through again later in the week and will definitely be returning

1  Thank googyeggbutty

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stopped here for a late breakfast on our way out of town. The interior is simple, cute and tiny but they have a very large patio. I had the breakfast quesadilla - really quite delicious and my fiance had the two egg breakfast. All of the food was fresh and tasty as was the coffee. What really stands out is the service. They had one of the friendliest staffs I have ever encountered in a restaurant. The employees genuinely seemed happy to work there. My only complaint is the patio furniture has seen better days and really needs some updating/cleaning. Other than that you will encounter friendly, happy service (at least for breakfast), good, fresh homemade food and a great value. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We happened to walk by after off roading in the area and had a fantastic lunch. The sandwiches were unique and delicious. The service was great. Way way better than the fast food joints in the newer commercial area.

1  Thank Allen H
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The food was good. It was fresh and homemade. The staff was friendly and well informed about their menu. You order at a counter and find your own seat. They allowed us to bring our dogs onto the patio, and even brought them water! Not a big restaurant but yummy!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Breakfast was traditional fare, excellent and well presented. The service is poor to non-existent. Two days in a row, a harried and distressed woman took our order at a counter and then rushed around bringing food to tables and doing who knows what while guests waited in line to order. Occasionally, another person came out of the kitchen to deliver food or stand at the counter. This poor woman had no chance of providing an excellent experience, she needed 8 hands to accomplish all of her tasks. At one point, the line to order was 7-8 deep. I don't think these servers are normally cranky, nor do I think their intentions are to be indifferent. This restaurant simply needs to hire some regular wait staff for table ordering instead of cheaping out at the expense of their guests and their current staff.

1  Thank OscarTempe_AZ