“Very Good Italian Food In Cottonwood”

Stromboli's Pizzeria
Ranked #54 of 110 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had lunch here during a camping trip on 10-28-13, having dined at Stromboli's several times over the years, with generally fine results. In the past I've enjoyed the Guido's Special pizza (a few times) and the spaghetti with Italian sausage; on this occasion I equally appreciated the lasagna, minestrone soup, hot bread with dipping oil.

Service was all right. Some years ago I had a poor experience due to a less than stellar waitress. That issue has not arisen again.

The style, atmosphere, and music, curiously, are most un-Italian, with much more of what I would describe as a country-western bent. This strikes me as rather peculiar, but I suppose they know their clientele.

A recent review suggested the building or decor were in bad shape. I have never noticed anything of the sort in the past, nor did I on this visit. It sounds like a different location being described (Stromboli's has more than one in Arizona). I have added a recent photograph, which in no way resembles a previously posted picture.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were there with a large crowd of girls for a softball tournament last weekend, Saturday, August 10th. The place was OLD, dirty and rundown. Not enough menus at all. I had to beg the hostess for one, she was NOT happy to give it up. The one I did get was torn and dirty. The tables were sticky. The service was slow, but the wait staff was nice and did their best. The kitchen staff needs to be more on the ball, we had reservations and they KNEW there were over 30 people coming. The drink orders got all screwed up and the waiter couldn't adjust off the bill, but he did come back with cash trying to make it right with one of the parents. I suspected he was doing that out of his own pocket because he felt bad and the Manager would not let him adjust the bill through the register. I had the fettuccine alfredo with chicken, what a gummy mess. My daughter had the kids spaghetti, which was really linguine noodles, but OK, same concept I suppose. The spaghetti sauce was so bad we had to send it back. I have never had to send back a kid's meal before, but they replaced with an alfredo sauce, which was as gummy of a mess as mine. The bread was nice, but that's about it. Hey guys, do a little repair work, fix the missing baseboards, fix the dry wall and for goodness sake, maybe spend 20 bucks on a gallon of paint? The carpet was dirty, dirty, dirty!!!!!! Oh and just because you are from NY, does not mean you automatically know how to make Italian food! I would never go back. DNR!

1  Thank LaurieandTodd
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was my first time in Cottonwood, AZ. We stopped by Stromboli's just to look at the menu. The greeter,Terry, was friendly and helpful. The apparent owner was present and he claimed to produce real NY pizza. I told him I would hold him to it, as I was from Long Island. He said he was too.

We left, only to return to get a take-out order. My girlfriend asked if the mushroom soup was good. Terry readily offered a sample. She liked it and we ordered a manicotti meal and cup of the soup to go. We relaxed with a beer awaiting the order, and found the bar to be pleasant and the bartender to be attentive and professional.

When we got the order to our motel room, the salad was excellent, the manicotti was exceptional, but the soup was missing! I called the store and Terry apologized profusely for the error and said she would bring the soup right away. Within 10 minutes she arrived with a hot bowl (we paid for a cup) of soup and a complementary, very good brownie for desert!

Excellent service, excellent food and prompt corrective action when an error was made. What more can one ask for.

BTW...the manicotti was so good that it made me homesick for NY!!!

1  Thank Bob Z
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We are regulars there and we won't be coming back. The service was terrible when I complained that the garlic bread was burnt I when i was paying the bill was told that I should have told sooner because there was nothing they could do about it. When I ask how much I had on my loyalty card she asked you want me to look that up too. Sorry I don't like attitude when I go out to eat. I expect good customer service

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Good food and drinks are not terribly expensive. Great service. A fun family place to go, as well as for couples.