“Fourth enjoyable stay here!”

Quality Inn - Cottonwood
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Boulder, Colorado
“Fourth enjoyable stay here!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is our fourth year staying here for a week and the experience was again pleasant and whiner-free. It's the first year we had to stay upstairs because I reserved too late but they gave us a room right at the top of the stairs on our preferred side of the inn. As always the staff was fully accommodating and VERY friendly in spite of the fact that the Inn was packed full on the Memorial Day weekend. The room was spotless, the hot tub warm, and the complimentary breakfast better with more selections. There were a few cretins who insisted on slamming their room doors in the morning and didn't bus their tables in the breakfast room.....but there are inconsiderate slobs everywhere these days. Thanks, Candy and staff for another superb stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you so MUCH for such a wonderful review. We all look forward to seeing you again next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
everton arkansas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

had a nice overnight stay there the staff was helpful and the breakfast was good and hot, stayed there overnite before heading to Jerome the next day, and the free wifi in the lobby that I needed to use to check my resevations on my next trek thru Arizona.

Room Tip: stayed in rm 105 nice clean room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Candy1000, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your review. We'll see you next time!
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I read the reviews before we went and was a little concerned by them. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We rented two rooms and both of them were very clean, had comfortable beds and a great breakfast! While the furnishings might not have been elaborate, they were standard hotel issue and they were certainly not what you would have imagined from some of these reviews! When I want a 5 star hotel I expect to pay for it - this was a great bargain at this price and yes, I will return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your review! It is refreshing to have a great review! Cannot wait for you to visit us again. See you soon.
Arizona
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I read them and then was fooled by the pleasant staff....until we told them how bad our room was..then they weren't so pleasant. An empty parking lot should have been my first clue!!! I am not a high class traveler. I travel on a Harley all of the country and I can say this is one of the worst places I have stayed and payed this kind of price. We paid 110.00...I was told on the phone my TOTAL was 88.80 (even that is a lot for this upscale flea bag). And upon check out it is over 20.00 more and no staff available to explain that. Smelled old and moldy..The drapes and dust ruffle looked like they were taken directly from the 2nd hand store and thrown on the bed...the shower was filthy..we showered with our flip flops on and slept in our clothes as we weren't sure if the sheets were clean. Sparse is an understatement. Old furniture, ancient TV and the carpet was horrible. And Candy Moore (manager) informed me that this was a renovated unit. Holy Smokes!!! Seriously?? When I spoke to her about it and explained that I had brought my parents there as it was their 60th Anniversary and we were doing the wineries etc...her response was "you should probably stay in Sedona the next time". There are way better hotels and cheaper. One right downtown NEXT to the winery..under TOTAL renovation for $50.00/nite and was actually cleaner than Quality Inn. Look around before booking here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tanyahofmeister
Candy1000, General Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
I'll try to explain this once again (4th time). I have never promoted the hotel more than an economically rated hotel for the area, all hotels in Cottonwood are 30+ years old, we're certainly not resorts in Cottonwood. I tell everyone that we are clean, spacious, and affordable--which I also told you prior to your booking. If I remember correctly, your major complaint was that the bed skirts were not ironed. Seriously, in this day & age? Also, I truly believe for $88 + tax (a hotel never quotes rates with tax included when booking--as a B&B operator I'd think that would be understood) for 3 people to sleep overnight, use the electric, water, linens/towels, TV, pool/hot tub available, breakfast, restaurant discounts, etc, etc, in one room was a deal indeed. Plus, no complaints until after you left. And, comments about other places in town I'm sure was from websites as well. I am confident you would not have rented a room for $50 (tax inclusive, renovated, breakfast) for 3 people! It is 2013 not 1950 after all. Seriously...I don't know what you can rent for 3 people under $100 a day anymore.

Travellers are raving about these Cottonwood hotels

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Entire visit was great. The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast was AMAZING! Hot and cold items available for people to choose from. The muffins, donuts and breads were all fresh unlike other hotels in cottonwood ( I have stayed at most of them on business) The pool and hot tube were clean and the temp in both were perfect. However, the best part of our stay was the front desk manager Kevin Smith. He was nice, professional and extremely helpful. The beds were so crisp and clean and both had down comforters with tons of sleeping pillows (about 6 total)
The house keeping ladies were all nice, and our room was kept clean. This hotel is the best deal in cottonwood, I travel a lot and for the rate you will not be disappointed! Jessica Laguna Beach, Ca

Room Tip: Higher Level rooms have great views of the surrounding mountians
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jrhouck20
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Hi Jessica, thanks for the Great Review! Hope to see you again under better circumstances.
Tampa, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is an older property and our room was rather spartan but everything worked fine and the staff was very courteous and helpful. It was a good value for the money that we paid. This was the first time we had stayed outside Sedona and, quite frankly, it was nice not to have to deal with all the traffic. There is a very nice (but very little) old town section in Cottonwood but just big enough to give a little 'atmosphere' to dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give your review. I hope to see you again soon.
Michigan
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The price was right, the breakfast choices were very good, and it was a very quiet location. However, the room we stayed in was showing its age. Pieces of furniture were missing (no desk, the phone was on top of the tv cabinet). Stained carpet with spill beside the referigerator that hadn't been cleaned in a while. Bathroom fixtures were old and had a hard time turning the water on in the tub shower because the knob was so stiff. Water damage showing on the bathroom mirror. Maybe they were in the process of upgrading and waiting on new furniture. If that is the case, it would improve the experience. OK for the short stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Concerned2006, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Well I see the same comments 3 times now in different places! I tried to respond to you but the email returned. This gives me a chance to thank you & respond in kind. Although you state the room was "comfortable & clean" you rated the hotel 5 of out 10 in this category. The Town of Cottonwood is an older community where all the motels/hotels are 30+ years old All are struggling to survive in this economic downturn & therefore most of us have had our renovation budgets cut. We strive to maintain what we have. The King rooms have OPTIONAL desks & recliners in some rooms not all. We advertise spacious rooms--guests usually prefer that vs unused furniture in their way. The shower handle has been fixed--an easy solution would have been to call for maintenance at the time you had problems. The carpet spot is glue which we have tried everything possible to remove (replacing carpet is not feasible at this time)--so not dirty. Comparable motels/hotels in Verde Valley would be twice the amount you paid--especially for a ground floor (no elevators). So many issues--no record on file--why stay 2 nights?? Regardless, Room 105 remains a popular request by repeat guests. PS phone is not TV cabinet due to error of carpet cleaning--forgot to put back under the carpet when relayed--but must people have cell phones these days, did you need to use it or just didn't like it there?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood
Verde Valley Inn
Verde Valley Inn
#4 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Quality Inn - Cottonwood? Share your experiences!