“Acceptable if you are looking to save $$”

Quality Inn - Cottonwood
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Reviewed 11 July 2013

In Cottonwood to ride the Verde Valley Train over the 4th of July. Looking for a place to lay our head down for the night. Heading up to Sedona for the rest of the weekend. Our expectations were not high.

POSITIVES: Large, clean pool was great for our group of 5 kids. Great view of fireworks. Location was easy to find with Google Maps. Breakfast provided.

NEEDS WORK: Old TV's (our kids all had iPads or iPhones, so this wasn't really an issue). Shower could use better lighting. Décor (but didn't expect the finest). Breakfast - it's not the best (eggs are watery, biscuits cold, etc).

NOTE: This is a motel. Room doors face the exterior. If you have younger kiddos --there is a large parking lot between the lobby/breakfast building and the buildings with the guest rooms. I assume this is to accommodate parking for guests who used the large banquet rooms in the main building.

Room Tip: NOTE: This is a motel. Room doors face the exterior. If you have younger kiddos --there is a large...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish D
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

That's for the comments. All hotels in Cottonwood have exterior entrance doors. We have the largest parking lot with easy in and out access. Cannot change the building layouts--spacing with use of the Conference Center in mind and for families to enjoy the use of the outside pool (8.5 ft at one end, making it the deepest at any hotel in Cottonwood) or hot tub without the conferences being interrupted.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The room is in great shape, the pool area is well done, the free breakfast is HUGE, and the staff is nice and helpful- all of this for a low price! You get your money's worth here. I wanted to spend one day in Jerome and one day in Sedona and this location was the perfect in-between! I strongly suggest you stay here.

(ps- I didn't use a fitness center, I don't think there is one.. but I don't know how to get rid of my mark for it)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank socialboot
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

I LOVE your review! Please come back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is our fourth year staying here for a week and the experience was again pleasant and whiner-free. It's the first year we had to stay upstairs because I reserved too late but they gave us a room right at the top of the stairs on our preferred side of the inn. As always the staff was fully accommodating and VERY friendly in spite of the fact that the Inn was packed full on the Memorial Day weekend. The room was spotless, the hot tub warm, and the complimentary breakfast better with more selections. There were a few cretins who insisted on slamming their room doors in the morning and didn't bus their tables in the breakfast room.....but there are inconsiderate slobs everywhere these days. Thanks, Candy and staff for another superb stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you so MUCH for such a wonderful review. We all look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

had a nice overnight stay there the staff was helpful and the breakfast was good and hot, stayed there overnite before heading to Jerome the next day, and the free wifi in the lobby that I needed to use to check my resevations on my next trek thru Arizona.

Room Tip: stayed in rm 105 nice clean room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Candy1000, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your review. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I read the reviews before we went and was a little concerned by them. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We rented two rooms and both of them were very clean, had comfortable beds and a great breakfast! While the furnishings might not have been elaborate, they were standard hotel issue and they were certainly not what you would have imagined from some of these reviews! When I want a 5 star hotel I expect to pay for it - this was a great bargain at this price and yes, I will return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your review! It is refreshing to have a great review! Cannot wait for you to visit us again. See you soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I read them and then was fooled by the pleasant staff....until we told them how bad our room was..then they weren't so pleasant. An empty parking lot should have been my first clue!!! I am not a high class traveler. I travel on a Harley all of the country and I can say this is one of the worst places I have stayed and payed this kind of price. We paid 110.00...I was told on the phone my TOTAL was 88.80 (even that is a lot for this upscale flea bag). And upon check out it is over 20.00 more and no staff available to explain that. Smelled old and moldy..The drapes and dust ruffle looked like they were taken directly from the 2nd hand store and thrown on the bed...the shower was filthy..we showered with our flip flops on and slept in our clothes as we weren't sure if the sheets were clean. Sparse is an understatement. Old furniture, ancient TV and the carpet was horrible. And Candy Moore (manager) informed me that this was a renovated unit. Holy Smokes!!! Seriously?? When I spoke to her about it and explained that I had brought my parents there as it was their 60th Anniversary and we were doing the wineries etc...her response was "you should probably stay in Sedona the next time". There are way better hotels and cheaper. One right downtown NEXT to the winery..under TOTAL renovation for $50.00/nite and was actually cleaner than Quality Inn. Look around before booking here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tanyahofmeister
Candy1000, General Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

I'll try to explain this once again (4th time). I have never promoted the hotel more than an economically rated hotel for the area, all hotels in Cottonwood are 30+ years old, we're certainly not resorts in Cottonwood. I tell everyone that we are clean, spacious, and affordable--which I also told you prior to your booking. If I remember correctly, your major complaint was that the bed skirts were not ironed. Seriously, in this day & age? Also, I truly believe for $88 + tax (a hotel never quotes rates with tax included when booking--as a B&B operator I'd think that would be understood) for 3 people to sleep overnight, use the electric, water, linens/towels, TV, pool/hot tub available, breakfast, restaurant discounts, etc, etc, in one room was a deal indeed. Plus, no complaints until after you left. And, comments about other places in town I'm sure was from websites as well. I am confident you would not have rented a room for $50 (tax inclusive, renovated, breakfast) for 3 people! It is 2013 not 1950 after all. Seriously...I don't know what you can rent for 3 people under $100 a day anymore.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Entire visit was great. The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast was AMAZING! Hot and cold items available for people to choose from. The muffins, donuts and breads were all fresh unlike other hotels in cottonwood ( I have stayed at most of them on business) The pool and hot tube were clean and the temp in both were perfect. However, the best part of our stay was the front desk manager Kevin Smith. He was nice, professional and extremely helpful. The beds were so crisp and clean and both had down comforters with tons of sleeping pillows (about 6 total)
The house keeping ladies were all nice, and our room was kept clean. This hotel is the best deal in cottonwood, I travel a lot and for the rate you will not be disappointed! Jessica Laguna Beach, Ca

Room Tip: Higher Level rooms have great views of the surrounding mountians
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jrhouck20
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Hi Jessica, thanks for the Great Review! Hope to see you again under better circumstances.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#3 of 7 in Cottonwood
The Iron Horse Inn
The Iron Horse Inn
#1 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Quality Inn - Cottonwood? Share your experiences!