Verde Valley Extended Stay
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cottonwood
See available hotels
Verde Valley Inn(Cottonwood)
Pines Motel(Cottonwood)
View Motel(Cottonwood)
  • Pool
Little Daisy Motel(Cottonwood)
The Tavern Hotel(Cottonwood)
View Hotel
All reviewstwo monthslaundry facilities on sitecome homeown mealsplace is greatverde valleystayed hereold town cottonwoodvictoriaunitbalconybusinessespilarkitchenetteflagstaffjerome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at beautiful Homewood suites, Residence Inn's, and other extended stays across the country. This extended stay was a bit disappointing. First of all, it's more of a motel set up. The parking isn't plentiful, but it's kind of in a (convenient) yet depressing area. Maybe it's Cottonwood, or maybe it's the hotel, I'm not sure. But that's not why I'm giving it what may be deemed a controversial rating.

Pros: your own kitchen, (no oven) fridge, private entry to the outside, flat screen, and queen size bed, separate from the living and kitchen area.

Cons: Cheap everything. Wi-Fi so annoying and slow, you will be praying for three letters, AOL, to make a come back. The maid only comes once a week - the same day after we leave. Yet, I saw the maid around in the parking lot, cleaning out other rooms. I had to buy cleaning supplies because I clean my house every day.

Only two thin shower towels are supplied. There is no bathtub. Only 4 plastic hangers hang in the closet. (2 for me, 2 for my partner). Thin sheets and the thin sheet-like comforter make you feel exposed at night. No suitcase holder is available, so everything goes on the floor. No laundry bag, sack, or anything to hold old clothes in. No more shampoo or soap except for the tiny portion given, no shower cap, no q-tips, no sponges, paper towels, trash bags, and even no trash can in the bathroom. (Sorry ladies...) No storage containers, no dish soap, no dish towels, cleaners, dish washing detergent....no hand soap. No desk to work at.

You are supplied two packs of cheap coffee that is supposed to last you a week. The sheets are thin, the bed is hard, and I got bug bites all over my legs and stomach from what I suppose are fleas. (Which I screamed when I saw black things crawling all over me in the bed). This may be an isolated incident because otherwise the place was fairly clean. I didn't deduct a star, even with a required side trip to find anti-itch cream from the bug bites.

There is no breakfast or dinner, like most extended stays provide.

I cannot forgive the noise level, however. The neighbors are loud and throughout the night, the traffic was super loud since it's near a busy road. It's a blue collar town, so there's people on loud motor cycles and loud, broken cars, racing throughout the night and day. I was awakened all night and finally had to get up at 5 a.m., making me crabby, as well as strangely nervous since I had to use my one of my only two coffee's. (Another side trip required to find wax earplugs).

The room stank of smoke covered up with a strange cleaner, making my eyes water, throat irritated and lungs coughing all through the night. The air conditioner is super duper loud too, but wonderfully cold.

I had to go to the nearby wal mart (a plus for this place since it's close to shopping for essentials) and buy $100 worth of supplies just to equip this place to be livable for a week. This place isn't entirely accurately reflected like in the photos you see, there's not a bar countertop with stools, happy plants (even if fake), or bright flooring, nor can this place claim it's move in ready minus the food. This place isn't reliable to be able to stay for a short while - like a week, without dropping a load on basic essentials, which is a waste, because I can't use all this stuff within a week.

I can't recommend this place if you are looking for a good night's sleep, or looking for a peaceful environment. But, if you are looking for a night or two, and won't be cleaning, cooking, blow drying hair, washing, or sleeping, this place is great.

The showers are hot and it's better to be able to cook my own food than to eat out every night, so in the end, although I'm crazy home sick, there are things to appreciate about this humble extended stay. That's why I've rated it a 3 star. No more, no less.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MitsoukoRussie
Victoria N, Manager at Verde Valley Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Miss C:

We apologize for the delay in responding to your March review. We are excited to have new owners since June and have begun numerous enhancements to ensure our guests' stays exceed expectations. Your comments will assist us in this endeavor.

We feel you must have had an isolated experience. The property is very clean, well-maintained and other guest surveys are overwhelmingly positive.

Our hotel provides a great value for a fully furnished two room suite with full kitchen at a rate must less than the chains. Guests use their savings to provide additional items according to their own needs and preferences.

Please give us another try on your next trip and we are confident you will be favorably impressed!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Had to go to Cottonwood for work and found this place by accident. What an awesome place. Victoria made me feel like family from the moment I checked in. This had everything you could want including a full kitchen. I travel so much I prefer to cook my own meals and I could do that here. Newly remodeled rooms and carpet. This is the first place I ever felt comfortable enough and was able to stretch out on the couch. Very comply beds too! I highly recommend this wonderful little place. It's close to everything, but tucked away if you don't know it's there. Thumbs up to Victoria and her sraff!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary M

Hi Mary,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our pleasure to have all of our guests feel as though they have a home away from home when staying here.

We look forward to seeing when you next travel to Cottonwood. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Verde Valley Extended Stay for 7 months. Cottonwood is 15 minutes from Sedona and and an hour from Flagstaff or Prescott and close to many area attractions. The VVES offered reasonable monthly rates and we had an efficiency apartment with separate bedroom and living area with kitchenette. Of course the fact that our dog was welcome was very important to us. The apartment was very comfortable and was kept nice and clean by Tina. One of the best things about the VVES is the manager, JT. A cheerful and helpful individual, JT takes care of any problems that arise in a prompt manner. He knows everything there is to know about the area which was very useful. All in all our stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mike O
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Modern, very clean, comfortable bed and we were treated like royalty. We absolutely would stay here again. Full kitchen allowed us to do our own cooking when desired. John was extremely helpful with all our questions and requests.

Room Tip: Talk to John !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank azb0b
JT T, Manager at Verde Valley Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thanks so much for your kind comments. We strive to assist our guests in anyway possible and to provide a true "Home Away from Home" experience. Congratulations on your successful relocation visit, I know you'll enjoy the Verde Valley.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

A home away from home. This our third time staying here. This year we stayed 3 mouths., Last year 10 . The staff is very pleasant and quick to respond to your needs. Tina & Ron keep things very clean and comfortable and J.T. keeps things up to date & running smoothly our bed was very comfortable , any yet they were all just replaced so were the TVs. Its hard to find a nice place that's pet friendly , this is it .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank HoagieKing1

They say the third time is a charm, Bob...and at last a successful relocation for you and your pet, Ginger. I certainly enjoyed being your host and appreciate your most favorable comments.