“St Paddy's day”

Georgie's Cafe
Ranked #22 of 113 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Lunch was corned beef and cabbage. You could cut it with a fork. It was served with red potatoes, carrots, cabbage and sofa bread. Very yummy. Served with a smile. Recommend as avoid mom and pop cafe.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We love their gyros with an extra side of tzitzaki sauce! The Green salad, spanakopita, and moussaka, too. But their Greek food is just a side. Today I had tier special - sliced roast pork over an amazing apple stuffing accompanied by mashed potatoes, yummy gravy, applesauce and vegetables! Can't beat that for $7.99. Love the fish fry and the mac'n cheese with stewed tomatoes on Fridays when they are open for dinner! Add Georgie's to your favorites list. Great prices for good comfort food.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Georgie's is THE spot for breakfast in Cottonwood. Great value, excellent food, quick service, and a friendly atmosphere.

Can't wait for them to do full renovations to bring the building up to the level of everything else they offer.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here for 7 years and with one exception, the food is really good (soggy French toast one time kept my wife away for the past few months).

We returned yesterday and food was great! I had a wonderfully tender Philly cheese steak, and my wife was happy again with her Fr. toast.

She raved about the coffee, and she's hard to please. Highly recommend for good food in rather basic surroundings.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had breakfast here early on the morning of October 31st. Staying at Dead Horse Ranch State Park, I'd noticed this place conveniently located near the turn off for the park, right across from the cemetery. My curiosity peaked, I checked it out. The restaurant itself looks like a typical old-fashioned diner. I suppose the fare follows suit.

My impression of the food was generally quite favorable. I ordered the chicken fried steak and eggs with fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy. The amount of food shortly brought out astounded me. I could scarcely finish the meal. The steak was the weakest element, seeming a rather standard version of its kind; not a stand out. The eggs were fine, the fried potatoes the way I like them, and the biscuits and gravy were so good I could have made a meal off them alone.

Over all I am recommending Georgie's Cafe. I travel in that area often enough. Next time I'm there I'll try this place again. They have an extensive menu, one which deserves further examination.