“Great Find”

Schoolhouse Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cottonwood Schoolhouse is closed while we are transitioning to a new building in old town Cottonwood. We are currently serving all of our incredible guests from our Village of Oak Creek Location.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sat at the Chefs table and watched as Stan & Chris prepared amazing looking dinners on a busy Friday night. Chris's wife was our server. It felt like we were dining with friends. Our meals were wonderful - we had scallops, pork Osso Bucolic and steak. Everything on the plates was delicious. The deserts were also amazing. Shared the peach cobbler and a piece of the chocolate cake. Yum! Their Fried Chicken looked so good we ordered some to go and had it for lunch the next day. It didn't disappoint! Love the place!

C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I am happy to hear the chicken held up properly and we loved having you dine with us. You made our night as much or more as we made yours. Thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

After researching potential restaurants for vacation we made our reservations for the Schoolhouse for early in the week. Our strategy is to go early in vacation if we think it looks like one we will want to return to. It proved to be true; we had such a lovely meal here we made reservations for our last night in the area, too. The Maui Maid Beef Ribs were so good my husband ordered them both nights. I had a duck special in a puff pastry, and we tried the Colorado Braised Lamb Crepes. Oh my gosh, so good. What we didn't know was how famous the restaurant is for the peach cobbler, and we were too stuffed to go for it. The second visit we planned ahead - we shared an appetizer of the Pork Belly and Dates (frankly we were a little hesitant to order that, just going by the name, but were so glad we did). Then I got a second appetizer as a dinner, figuring I'd help him with his ribs, and we ordered the cobbler.The cobbler would feed a small country, and it was amazing. We still took half away with us despite having saved room for it. It's a small place, with a very helpful, accomodating staff. There are assorted salts and peppers on each table; I'm not sure my palate is ready to appreciate the difference of the salts, but yours might.

Thank you for making us a destination for your trip! It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to doing so again. Next time the seasonal cobbler has to hit the table either before or after the meals. Also thank you for the review!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We ate at the Schoolhouse Restaurant during Spring Break 2014, while we were visiting in Sedona. It is a 30 minute drive from Sedona, and the restaurant reviews were all positive. We arrived on time and were greeted politely. The dining area is small and a lot of guests were packed into a small space. Be prepared to sit elbow to elbow with strangers and hear their conversations.

The wine list was nice, which is displayed on the classroom chalkboard. They offer several varieties of salt which is on every table. I ordered the special - a dry-aged New York steak that was excellent. My wife had a shrimp pasta dish that was also very good. This restaurant is not inexpensive, but the prices are not out of line with the quality of food.

We had equally good food elsewhere in Sedona, but if you want to take an evening drive, eat good food, and can handle the noise level, then it's worth a try.

Thank you for the review and feedback we are still trying to figure out a way to control the noise level a bit better. I am very happy that you were able to join us and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a small place but large on good food and friendliness! Make a reservation for dinner because it's size The owner was not here the day we came for dinner and I was a bit concerned. It was my husband's bday and I wanted it to be special! My worries were unfounded, because Stan was in charge of the restaurant and our dinner and service was fantastic! There was 4 of us. We all got something different. I had incredible Pork Osso Bucco, my husband had Scallops which he loved, the other couple had Flat Iron Steak and Hemp Dusted Chicken. We were sitting in a place where we saw a lot of the other dishes and everything looked delicious. The presentation was wonderful but the taste was something special. I highly recommend trying the pierogis, spinach and kale salad and if at all possible get dessert. We split the peach cobbler! I have never had whipped cream that was so delicious. This place is amazing! They even called me 2 days after our dinner to see if everything was satisfactory! That's incredible!!!

Thank you for the review Stan is smiling ear to ear and perhaps glowing a bit. It is comforting to know when I step out that my guys do a superb job. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

recently my girlfriends took me out for a birthday lunch. I had the asian lettuce cups which were good, but lacked a bit in flavor. The Dr. Pepper wings were yummy. My friends had the pork sandwich and the tacos. The pork sandwich was good, but lacked a little in flavor as well. The portions were good, the service was excellent and it was not crowded so it wasn't noisy. It seems they have changed their pricing structure on the lunch menu and it's not quite as expensive as before for lunch. We will definitely go back as it's a neat little spot for a special meal

Than you for the review and the feedback we greatly appreciate it. I do apologize for the lack of flavor that is not our standard we usually receive high compliments. We will be looking back at that day to see if there was a trend in those items comments for the day. Thank you again for your time and the review.