“Intimate Restaurant in Cottonwood AZ”
Review of The Brass Tack - CLOSED

The Brass Tack
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining Atmosphere. Steak and Seafood with a Rustic Contemporary Flair. Hand Cut Black Angus Beef and Fresh Seafood Flown in Daily. Full Bar with Custom Cocktails, Classic Cocktails, Wine Pairings and Cheese Tastings.
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We ate in this restaurant when it was called the Pinion. New owners and new name - The Brass Tack. Wow, what a difference. If you enjoy a cocktail before dinner, This bartender is a genius! The service was friendly and efficient as you would expect in an intimate restaurant. The menu is brilliant and the food the same. Definitely on our list to return. Sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This evening we tried this cute little place because I saw an ad for their seafood night. We got clams and mussels in wine broth for the first course, a shrimp cocktail with spicy sauce and 6 medium sized shrimp and then 4 large crab legs with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Oh and a chef's compliment appetizer of crab wontons. Everything was very good, except my mashed potatoes were too salty. There was plenty of food, it was presented well, the staff was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is very nice. 8 tables done with white linens. The walls are a dark green, rust carpeting and the chairs were black. A wall size graphic of aspen trees on the back wall and other pictures of nature, etc. Very nice atmosphere, although the lites were a bit bright even when we asked then to be turned down. They had a nice wine selection and a good looking cocktail list. We were too full to try desert. I don't know why other reviewers find it so surprising to find good places in a small town. We have great restaurants all over the Verde Valley.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant when visiting Cottonwood based on a recommendation from a local resident. We happened to be celebrating our 47th anniversary that evening and had been told that the filet mignon is wonderful. We did not have reservations and did not want to wait two hours so decided to have Happy Hour and then just eat in the bar. The restaurant and bar are not large but the entire place was staffed by only three people. We felt that this restaurant is a "work in progress" and many little details that would make it fantastic were overlooked. For instance, we had to ask about an entree that we saw someone eating but was not on the menu. It was a special for the evening but nobody had mentioned it to us. My husband's filet - OK but not really flavorful - was ordered medium but arrived very red and bloody (he ate it anyway but I couldn't share it cooked that way), we were not given bowls for the mussel and clam shells or the crab leg shells, the salad was a little warm, there was no salt or pepper on the tables, and, WORST OF ALL, NOBODY EVER checked back with us after serving our entrees to see if everything was OK in spite of going back in forth by our table at least twenty times. Also, our server said that all entrees are a la carte and even specified that the crab legs come with no potato or vegetable because it would be "too much food." However, our two entrees both came with vegetable and potato. More training is definitely needed!!

1  Thank ECO1995
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was an amazing find in such a small town! We came in as a larger group of six and were pleasantly surprised with the speed the food was presented and the artistic flavors of the food we ordered. It is very rare to see American cuisine prepared with such amazing talent. I find it hard to say if I've ever had a better salmon, not to my surprise the rest of my group felt the same about their dishes. The only complaint I could possibly have was our server who seemed to be out of place in this environment and inattentive, however the other wait staff seemed to make that a non-issue due to their attentiveness, speed and charm. I find it safe to say that I will return again and again. Thank you Brass Tack!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

You know I was thinking since I enjoyed myself so much, I should write about how great everything was. The service was impressive, something we’re not accustom to in Cottonwood. Just makes you feel good. Makes you feel like you did something nice. The jalapeno coleslaw was whoa! The Caesar and Frog legs were fabulous. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had Frog legs and I don’t remember them tasting that great. It was fun, pleasant, homey, inviting, just an all-round memorable experience. We’ll be back. Oh and the cost was unbelievable for what you get!