“Tea House in the Old Town Jail” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Rose of Historic Old Town Tea House

Wild Rose of Historic Old Town Tea House
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Wild Rose of Historic Old Town is a Tea House that currently serves over 120 varieties of loose leaf teas, many of which are made in the great state of Arizona. Our teas are made to order, ensuring that you have the best cup of iced or hot tea possible. On rare occasions, we do serve sun tea. All teas are available in bulk. The varieties of teas available are pu-erh, black, oolong, green, white, decaf black, herbal tisanes, and rooibos. We offer fresh squeezed lemonade, French Press coffee in both Kona and decaf, and Italian cream sodas in number of choices. Homemade cupcakes are available daily, as well, and flavors do vary. We offer seating inside, in our sitting room or we offer two very different patios, one out front where you can sit in the sun and watch the people go by or the other in our garden, surrounded by the trees and flowers that bloom there.
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Tea House in the Old Town Jail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

There are so many selections of delicious fresh tea and a nice array of sweets to have with the tea. The patio out back is delightful. This is a very nice place to sit, sip and relax.

Visited February 2014

Sedona, Arizona
“Best Gluten Free Cupcakes EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This place is such a treat in Old Town Cottonwood. Fabulous teas and awesome cupcakes! Highly recommend it, especially if it's a nice day, you can sit outside under a tree, sip iced tea, and eat a great cupcake. If you are gluten free, or sugar free...I found out you need to let them know a couple days ahead of time.

• Visited April 2014
New Mexico
“Mellowest I've ever been with a cupcake.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I didn't know they served French press coffee, or that would have been my choice. No matter, because the pot of hot tea I was served was fragrant and delicious. I chose my cupcake, then went to find a place on the patio to sit. Tall trees (not so common in central Arizona) offer shade and character, and the river is not far away.

It was a lovely, warmish day and the tea house is at the head of the Jail Trail (the building itself used to be a jail). I felt very relaxed and enjoyed the entire experience. [I mentioned a cupcake, right?] I felt free to sit and drink the entire pot, but finally just moved on instead.

I was pleasantly surprised when the bill was under $7; I don't expect to chill and be waited on for so little money. There is a tip jar at the counter.

• Visited January 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Enjoying the Jail Trail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

While in Cottonwood be sure to stroll by the Wild Rose Tea House and Hoosegow at the bottom of Main Street. It's both a charming Tea House, Gardens and Historic Jailhouse. You can enjoy your Tea and treats in the back garden that overlooks the start of the Jail Trail river walk. A very nice place to stroll through the Cottonwoods. We very much enjoyed our www.ItchyNomad.com exploration of historic old Cottonwood.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sun City, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were given a gift cars for tea and a cupcake! From the time we walked in the door to the time we left we felt like we made a friend! The owner Christina was so friendly and she herself bakes the cupcakes, which are so good! We had walked down from our hotel after dinner and I hadn't taken a jacket and Christina offered to drive us back to our hotel! We thanked her and walked, but it's nice to know that she cared enough to offer!! So before you leave Cottonwood or just passing through stop and pick up some cupcakes !

Visited November 2013