“The Salted Carmel Cupcakes are to die for!!!!”

Wild Rose of Historic Old Town Tea House
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Description: The Wild Rose of Historic Old Town is a Tea House that currently serves over 120 varieties of loose leaf teas, many of which are made in the great state of Arizona. Our teas are made to order, ensuring that you have the best cup of iced or hot tea possible. On rare occasions, we do serve sun tea. All teas are available in bulk. The varieties of teas available are pu-erh, black, oolong, green, white, decaf black, herbal tisanes, and rooibos. We offer fresh squeezed lemonade, French Press coffee in both Kona and decaf, and Italian cream sodas in number of choices. Homemade cupcakes are available daily, as well, and flavors do vary. We offer seating inside, in our sitting room or we offer two very different patios, one out front where you can sit in the sun and watch the people go by or the other in our garden, surrounded by the trees and flowers that bloom there.
Chicago, Illinois
“The Salted Carmel Cupcakes are to die for!!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Christina makes the BEST cupcakes I have ever tasted and I have tried many cupcakes living in the Chicago area! There are a vast number of teas to choose from as well as coffee too. Served in a huge glass mason type jar! The Wild Rose is charming and the two ladies make you feel very welcomed with their friendly and outgoing personalities! Thank you for a wonderful experience...I look forward to the next time we visit.

• Visited April 2014

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Sweet spot to stop and have a cuppa”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Terrific variety of all sorts of teas - both hot and cold. Personal, attentive service and guidance by the upbeat, friendly owner. High quality teas and homemade cupcakes. Perfect place to put your feet up after doing the antique trail or rafting down the River Verde.

• Visited May 2014
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Tea House in the Old Town Jail”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There are so many selections of delicious fresh tea and a nice array of sweets to have with the tea. The patio out back is delightful. This is a very nice place to sit, sip and relax.

Visited February 2014
Sedona, Arizona
“Best Gluten Free Cupcakes EVER!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This place is such a treat in Old Town Cottonwood. Fabulous teas and awesome cupcakes! Highly recommend it, especially if it's a nice day, you can sit outside under a tree, sip iced tea, and eat a great cupcake. If you are gluten free, or sugar free...I found out you need to let them know a couple days ahead of time.

• Visited April 2014
New Mexico
“Mellowest I've ever been with a cupcake.”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I didn't know they served French press coffee, or that would have been my choice. No matter, because the pot of hot tea I was served was fragrant and delicious. I chose my cupcake, then went to find a place on the patio to sit. Tall trees (not so common in central Arizona) offer shade and character, and the river is not far away.

It was a lovely, warmish day and the tea house is at the head of the Jail Trail (the building itself used to be a jail). I felt very relaxed and enjoyed the entire experience. [I mentioned a cupcake, right?] I felt free to sit and drink the entire pot, but finally just moved on instead.

I was pleasantly surprised when the bill was under $7; I don't expect to chill and be waited on for so little money. There is a tip jar at the counter.

• Visited January 2014