“Not what we were expecting”

Best Western Cottonwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Chandler, United States
“Not what we were expecting”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed int his hotel about 3 years ago and loved it. The bed was so comfortable, good breakfast, so we decided to go back there. However, this time we were given a room that had a broken shower! Unthinkable as that is, there also was not hot water to this shower. It is beyond belief that they would rent out a room that had a broken part int he shower and made taking a shower a nightmare.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CCarrillo-GM, General Manager at Best Western Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your inconvenience. The shower head needed to be replaced and that has been done. I am truly sorry it affected your stay so greatly but thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future. Sincerely, Christine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Anchorage, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

TV reception fuzzy, toilet did not flush properly. Frame on one bed was turned with the metal ends sticking out at the end of the bed, causing us to run into the frame and cut leg.The front desk clerk said I could not receive any points because I booked throught Expedia, but later she did give me some points after I reported additional problems with the bed frame. I booked two rooms, one for myself and one for my brother and sister-in-law. My brother's room had problems with the toilet and TV. The maintenance person was called to fix these issues two different times. Also, my sister-in-law tripped over the end of one of the beds because the frame was backwards and the metal piece cut her leg. It could have been a lot more serious. I had to report that also to the front desk on my way out to make sure they fixed it for the next guest. This should have never happened in a Best Western hotel. Up until this stay, I have had good experiences with Best Western. I expect high quality and service. If I had wanted this aggrevation, I'd have stayed in a much cheaper motel such as Motel 6. It wasn't the experience that I expected from your chain. I am very dissapointed in the Best Western in Cottonwood.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Benson, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. I like that they keep the same employees - it is more like staying at a friends house than a hotel. As a single female that often travels alone this makes it feel more comfortable for me. I love love love the breakfasts they serve. It is so nice to be able to have a good start to my work day in my room. The rooms are always clean and well presented. If something is wrong, immediate attention is paid to correcting the issue. I will continue to stay here with my future business trips.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Kathy G
Thank you for the wonderful review! We strive very hard to provide a safe, comfortable stay for all our guests. Our repeat guests are wonderful to see time and time again as it feels like home to us too. We hope to see you in the near future!
Carson City, Nevada, USA
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Room was large and comfortable. Bed was excellent. Flat screen TV. Motel did have some cable TV/wifi issues while we were there. My impression was that they were trying the best to rectify the problems.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Newly remodeled. The BW Cottonwood Inn had a welcoming lobby with an adjacent breakfast room serving a hot free breakfast every morning. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. No frills but a nice place to stay for a reasonable price at $100 per night.
Close to Clarkdale and the Verde Railroad.

Room Tip: The back rooms on the 2nd floor are quiet and have a nice view of the mountain ranges.
Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for submitting your review. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and although it's almost impossible to satisfy everyone, we very hard. We have added buscuits and gravy since your last stay and hope you can visit us again to tell us what you think! Take care and hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, easy check in/out. Great location. The room was spacious and clean, but the tub drain had a huge clump of hair which I cleaned out. The tub was very slippery as well. We had 1 Kleenex in our box, after I used it, the box wasn't replenished. I got another one myself. Some of the shelves were pretty dusty but I'm pretty tall housekeeping probably couldn't reach! Everything worked fine, the continental breakfast was OK but in a small, very warm room. My fiancee thought the mattress was too firm and woke up sore. I paid $200.00 for 2 nights, my expectations were higher.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kazar1000
Rowlett, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel has a great location in Cottonwood, AZ and they serve a nice continental breakfast. The rooms are comfortable, We stayed for 4 nights and had terrible maid service for most of our stay. The room was not vacuumed, mopped, trash emptied, toilet or bathtub cleaned.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#7 of 7 in Cottonwood
Verde Valley Inn
Verde Valley Inn
#4 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Best Western Cottonwood Inn? Share your experiences!