“Rude Check in. Awesome Check out.”

Best Western Cottonwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cottonwood
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Long story short, the guy who was at the front desk was rude and lectured me on what time I arrived. Too tired to complain and/or fight, plus having already prepaid, I reluctantly took the room so that my family and I could catch a few z's before hitting the Canyon. When we awoke, the breakfast was great and the rude guy was replaced with a wonderful lady named Debra. Stay was good a the end. I will stay here again. One thing that I will still complain about was the water pressure (lack thereof). The water barely came out of the shower head. Not too big a deal for me, I barely have hair, but my teenage daughter has very curly hair and no water pressure is a nightmare for rinsing conditioner from your hair. Hopefully, this was a one time thing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Ernesto S
CCarrillo-GM, General Manager at Best Western Cottonwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize for the rudeness of the clerk during your check in. Rest assured the issue has been addressed. I will look into the matter of the water pressure. It may have been due to a full house but I will verify there is nothing else going on. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope you will do so again in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our group stayed in 2 rooms over a weekend in July. We had an amazing experience here! The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff went out of their way to provide excellent customer service. We arrived very early in the day but were still allowed to check in to one of our rooms as we were going on a canoe trip on the Verde River. HUGE help right there!! Then we left an important document in our room after check out, and we were called by the front desk to let us know the found it, and they shredded it for us. Also, the breakfast attendant was friendly, helpful and very attentive. Each staff member we encountered went out of their way to assist us!

This is the BEST choice for the Sedona/Cottonwood area when it comes to price/cleanliness/customer service. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. It is so wonderful to receive a great review such as yours. Every staff member strive very hard for superior customer care and we seem to have achieved this for you during your visit with us. I hope you will come back again soon and experience some of the other wonderful things to do in the Verde Valley. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Bed was way too soft and pillows way too lumpy and big. Value was good and ease of getting to Sedona was nice. Motel good for night or two but after 4 nights on those beds... it was pretty uncomfortable. Breakfast room very small and cramped. Staff was nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for your discomfort. Beds and pillows are such a tricky thing to try and satisfy a guest. Our pillows are brand new which may explain the "big". I am pleased that you found the staff nice. We strive very hard for a pleasant, "all around" experience and hope you will come back and give us another opportunity to acheive this for you.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We didn't know when we'd make it to Cottonwood so with no reservations we scored well at this hotel. Pillar (sp?) was so nice and helpful. We drove a long ways and it was pretty dark when we arrived. She gave us room 312 and it was perfect! It was a change not hearing ppl above or beside you. We slept so well!!! Newly remodeled.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here coming down from flagstaff for 1 night. The room was quiet and clean. The beds were hard The breakfast was not good at all. You had to make your own waffles and they are on a timer, but they were not cooked all the way. We threw the waffles out and never ate. I was not impressed with cottonwood at all. and /stay away from Jerome, a very creepy place with a lot of negative energy in the air. We later found out the whole place is built on dead people with unmarked graves. The history of Jerome is very dark and sad. Will never go there again.

Room Tip: get a 2nd floor in the second building away from the pool
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The property and the room were clean and well maintained. I asked for and received a room away from the pool area, but I didn't notice anyone using the pool, so it was pretty quiet throughout. The wall a/c unit was well installed, so there were no constant motor vibration noises; the refridgerator also was quiet. The breakfast was ample, with sausage & gravy, waffles, cereal, etc.; though noticed only orange wedges for fruit. Overall, I was quite satisfied, except for one thing: too low wattage in the room lamps. I'm getting old – my eyes aren't what they used to be. The room was dim. Also, no elevators – but I needed the exercise, anyhow.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fudgemaker
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We are local to Cottonwood now, but when we were visiting the area prior to having moved here, we stayed at the Best Western for a few nights. The property is clean and basic, no huge issues, and it's probably one of the nicer motels in town - there are some other cheaper places, but I wouldn't recommend them. We felt safe staying here with our infant daughter, which is good. Overall the rooms are pretty eh, but if you want a fancy hotel, you're better off travelling another 20 minutes to Sedona. This is about as good as it gets in Cottonwood.

The only problem we had was with the noise level one night - there was a girl's softball team staying at the hotel at the same time we were there, and since our room bordered the pool, it got very loud with the swimming and slamming of doors. I was super on edge because of my daughter sleeping in the room. They quieted down before 10:30 or so, thus I never called the front desk. But beware - rooms by the pool can get quite loud, so ask for a room on the backside of the property if you want quiet.

There is a gas station right next to the hotel, which is nice for snacks and drinks. There's also a Mexican restaurant adjacent from the lobby, Plaza Bonita. This has become my favorite place for Mexican food in Cottonwood now that we're local - it's awesome! Huge portions, really cheap, and all around great Mexican food. Definitely recommend it if you're looking to "walk" to dinner from your room one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the pool if you'd like a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie G

Thank you for your review and welcome to Cottonwood! I'm happy you chose to live in this wonderful city but even more excited that you enjoyed your stay. The rooms near the pool can be a little more noisy than the rest of the hotel, but especially with so many kids in house. I do apologize for the noise. 10 o'clock is "quiet time" so I am glad to hear they quieted down within a reasonable amount of time. All in all it seems you had a good stay and I hope that anytime friends or family are visiting that you will consider asking them to stay with us. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#5 of 8 in Cottonwood
Super 8 Cottonwood
Super 8 Cottonwood
#8 of 8 in Cottonwood

Been to Best Western Cottonwood Inn? Share your experiences!