“Cheap and cheesy”
Review of View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cottonwood
View Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Phoenix
“Cheap and cheesy”
Reviewed 9 June 2008

This was one of the dumpiest motels I have ever stayed in. Would not recommend! It wasn't even cheap, if you are a family.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — beds, showers
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 26 May 2008

My sister and I were going from motel to motel looking for a place to stay for under $80 for a double. We saw the Super 8 next door, which I checked out (it was $80) while my sister, drawn like a fly to its Googie sign, went up the hill to The View, which ended up being much less. We made the right choice. Not only was the staff extremely and genuinely friendly and helpful, the room and linens were very clean and there is a nice, well maintained clean pool and hot tub in front. Also, the place lives up to its name (no, Barbara Walters does not run it), it has a very nice view over most of the Verde River Valley. I highly recommend this place and will stay there next time I am in the area.

• Liked — Friendly staff, pool, view
  • Disliked — Um, maybe the long steep driveway, but that was no big deal at all.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Roxxma
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I spent 4 nights in the View's "Small Room"... which really is tiny. The first night I found it to be a little depressing. The room is only about 2 feet wider than the full-size (not queen or king) mattress. But I got over my depression when I realized how much money I was saving. I stayed 4 nights, with tax, for less than $200. That's pretty awesome.

Things I liked: The price (obviously), room was quiet, the hot tub next to the pool was great, it was clean, the bed was comfortable. My shower head broke on my 3rd day, and it was fixed immediately when I told the staff about it, with no hassles.

Things I didn't like: The room is small. The air conditioner is right over your head in the wall, and a bit noisy. There's also a light right above the headboard that I kept bumping into when I sat up in bed. The bed was squeaky, and the mattress had a plastic cover over it. This did not make it uncomfortable, just a little noisy, and gave it a cheap feeling. Old-fashioned key locks on the door, instead of keycards. Deadbolt did not slide all the way into the hole--it went far enough to latch, but it wasn't as secure as it should have been.

But just think, you can probably save $30 or more a night by driving up the hill from the Super 8 and staying at the View! It's totally worth it, and I would stay there again, next time I'm hiking in Sedona.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — plastic cover on mattress
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank edisoncarter23
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed 27 October 2007

Our car broke down just outside town so we had an unanticipated night in Cottonwood. After inquiring at the Super 8 (they wanted $75), we looked up the hill (literally) and found this little gem for $52 (two queens). The room was simple, but very clean with comfortable beds, fresh linens and better than expected bath towels.

And just outside our door was a spectacular view of the Verde Valley, including the red rocks of Sedona on the horizon. If you get up early enough, grab some coffee from the front desk and watch the beautiful Arizona sunrise.

If you're looking for a good value this is the place in Cottonwood.

And one more thing - check out the View's 1950's style neon sign by the main street. It's a classic.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
usa
Reviewed 4 February 2007

Well kept and run small motel. Excellent value for the overpriced area. Rooms are large enough, clean and comfortable. Beds are newer and bedding quite clean and attractive. Baths are clean. Reception area is attractive and staff are friendly and accommodating. We needed two rooms for one night and having booked in advance were given two adjoining rooms on a quiet end of the units that had a nice small adjoining deck to use (had the weather cooperated). The exterior of the motel is immaculate. Highly recommend this motel and the VIEW over the city to the hills IS great!

Stayed January 2007
6 Thank barnieUsa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2005

We stayed at the View for one night. We found our room to be very comfortable and clean. Our room faced toward the Northeast and had a wonderful view. We did not have time to take advantage of the pool and hot tub, however it is situated in such a way that you are looking down over the valley while you are in there! The staff was very friendly and the grounds were very well kept. There were numerous areas where you could picnic outside or just sit and enjoy the area. There is even a playground for the children. For the price ($66 for a king bed) it was a good value. I believe they also have weekly specials as well as rooms with kitchens available!

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2004

I stayed at The View Motel in April of '03. It had the usual basic amenities, plus a hot tub and swimming pool. The facilities were very clean. Staff is very friendly, nice, and helpful. It is a family owned hotel. There are several good restaurants very close by. It sits on top of a hill, and the view (as it is named for) is awesome. You can see red rock formations and mountains for miles around. The room rates are bargain priced. If you aren't looking for luxury, but a nice, quiet place to sleep with an incredible view and a friendly and helpful staff, this is the place.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member