“The view from the View was great”
Review of View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cottonwood
View Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Arizona USA
“The view from the View was great”
Reviewed 13 October 2008

We stayed at this motel while we were visiting some friends who where camping at the Dead Horse Ranch State Park. After we checked in, we proceeded to "clean" the room with anti-bacterial wipes as we always do, no matter the motel/hotel. They were black when we finished. The TV remote was gross. And we won't even address the headboards. Cleaning definately left something to be desired. The first night we stayed the wind was howling and whistling through the unsealed windows and front door that was not sealed properly (you could see daylight around the seal in the door). We really thought the place might blow down. Needless to say it was a sleepless night. During the night, while using the facilities, we saw a cockroach on the bathroom door. The bath towels were a dingy gray color. We are aware this is a budget motel and we were not expecting the Taj Mahal, but, cleaning definately left something to be desired. This motel is definately in need of a remodel. We were glad we were gone most of the day to the campground. We will say the front desk clerk was friendly and the motel did have a gorgeous view of the Verde Valley. Restaurants and shopping were nearby.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arizona City, Arizona
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We checked in about 10pm on Saturday,October 11, 2008.
The girl at the front desk was clearly upset because I disturbed her break. I checked in, got our key, and pulled right up to the door. I was the first to enter. The smell of smoke in the room was thick as mud. The walls looked like they had not been painted in over a decade. Entering the bathroom, I turned on the light, and at least a dozen baby cockroaches scattered throughout the bathroom. More were in the tub. My sister in law insisted that we should drive home instead of staying. I agreed.

The front desk girl called her manager and asked if she could refund my bill. She was told that she could refund me, and that they would order a bug bomb on Monday. I highly doubt they do any such thing. While I was dealing with the bill, I have never seen my sister in law move so fast. She had our car packed up in less than two minutes. They should pay people to stay here. They should also supply each room an entire can of room spray. On the way out, there was a very old man in a speedo in 40 degree weather out by the pool. That sealed the deal, we were on our way home!

• Liked — That I could leave
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank angelasart1108

Travellers are raving about these Cottonwood hotels

Phoenix
Reviewed 9 June 2008

This was one of the dumpiest motels I have ever stayed in. Would not recommend! It wasn't even cheap, if you are a family.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — beds, showers
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 26 May 2008

My sister and I were going from motel to motel looking for a place to stay for under $80 for a double. We saw the Super 8 next door, which I checked out (it was $80) while my sister, drawn like a fly to its Googie sign, went up the hill to The View, which ended up being much less. We made the right choice. Not only was the staff extremely and genuinely friendly and helpful, the room and linens were very clean and there is a nice, well maintained clean pool and hot tub in front. Also, the place lives up to its name (no, Barbara Walters does not run it), it has a very nice view over most of the Verde River Valley. I highly recommend this place and will stay there next time I am in the area.

• Liked — Friendly staff, pool, view
  • Disliked — Um, maybe the long steep driveway, but that was no big deal at all.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Roxxma
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I spent 4 nights in the View's "Small Room"... which really is tiny. The first night I found it to be a little depressing. The room is only about 2 feet wider than the full-size (not queen or king) mattress. But I got over my depression when I realized how much money I was saving. I stayed 4 nights, with tax, for less than $200. That's pretty awesome.

Things I liked: The price (obviously), room was quiet, the hot tub next to the pool was great, it was clean, the bed was comfortable. My shower head broke on my 3rd day, and it was fixed immediately when I told the staff about it, with no hassles.

Things I didn't like: The room is small. The air conditioner is right over your head in the wall, and a bit noisy. There's also a light right above the headboard that I kept bumping into when I sat up in bed. The bed was squeaky, and the mattress had a plastic cover over it. This did not make it uncomfortable, just a little noisy, and gave it a cheap feeling. Old-fashioned key locks on the door, instead of keycards. Deadbolt did not slide all the way into the hole--it went far enough to latch, but it wasn't as secure as it should have been.

But just think, you can probably save $30 or more a night by driving up the hill from the Super 8 and staying at the View! It's totally worth it, and I would stay there again, next time I'm hiking in Sedona.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — plastic cover on mattress
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank edisoncarter23
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed 27 October 2007

Our car broke down just outside town so we had an unanticipated night in Cottonwood. After inquiring at the Super 8 (they wanted $75), we looked up the hill (literally) and found this little gem for $52 (two queens). The room was simple, but very clean with comfortable beds, fresh linens and better than expected bath towels.

And just outside our door was a spectacular view of the Verde Valley, including the red rocks of Sedona on the horizon. If you get up early enough, grab some coffee from the front desk and watch the beautiful Arizona sunrise.

If you're looking for a good value this is the place in Cottonwood.

And one more thing - check out the View's 1950's style neon sign by the main street. It's a classic.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
usa
Reviewed 4 February 2007

Well kept and run small motel. Excellent value for the overpriced area. Rooms are large enough, clean and comfortable. Beds are newer and bedding quite clean and attractive. Baths are clean. Reception area is attractive and staff are friendly and accommodating. We needed two rooms for one night and having booked in advance were given two adjoining rooms on a quiet end of the units that had a nice small adjoining deck to use (had the weather cooperated). The exterior of the motel is immaculate. Highly recommend this motel and the VIEW over the city to the hills IS great!

Stayed January 2007
6 Thank barnieUsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#7 of 7 in Cottonwood
Verde Valley Inn
Verde Valley Inn
#4 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to View Motel? Share your experiences!