Border Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$55
US$139
Gadsden Hotel(Douglas)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2012

When I called for reservations, the owner assured me that although it didn't look good on the outside, the rooms had just been redone and were very nice. We reserved for a 4-night stay because we had a contract job to do there in Douglas. We arrived late, so could not see much. Normally we check our room first before we pay, but were so tired that we skipped it this time. What a mistake room 106 was!

The doorjamb was really interesting...someone had kicked it in, destroying it. The repair was to glue & screw it back together. The missing little pieces? Not needed, apparently. The whole door assembly was floppy, even when locked. Not to mention, but there was a large blood spatter behind the door on the wall. Maybe it was catsup, but I don't think so.

The bathroom door did not have any sort of latch, so for any amount of privacy you had to find something and prop it closed. We used a piece of our luggage, see below. The only venting was a chest-high sliding window with no screen that opened out to the main parking area so everyone out there saw everything you were doing. What a show.....

The next thing I noticed was the Wi-Fi signal was woefully weak and very dependent on where I was in the room. It never stayed on for more a minute or two at a time and was virtually useless. This also very uncomfortable, and there were no chairs or tables in our room with no place to set anything.

I went to the office to ask for a bath mat and maybe some shampoo, and was told nope, this isn't a 5-star hotel. If you ask me, this place barely qualifies as a single asteroid hovel.

On the rarified plus side of things, the A/C unit worked great, the bed was comfy, and there was a working ceiling fan over the bed. Still not worth the $40/night.

Go to the Gadsden instead, a lot nicer place with a real history.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dennis G
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This motel has recentily remodeled it's rooms. I paid $30 + tax for one nights stay. The manager was very friendly and the motel was quiet all night. The manager the next day told me that the motel was recentily sold to new owners and they will not tolerate scum. True the outside is old and needs renovating, however my stay was pleasent and the price cannot be matched in town ;-)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2011

i found a used condom in my room and roaches i was offred drugs an sex by a man who dressed as a female said his name was vanessa im a family man i left for motel6 nice motel

• Stayed: July 2011