“Good Place To Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Douglas
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
“Good Place To Stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I spent a night at the Traveler's Motel lately and found it to be clean, if somewhat worn in places. However, the air conditioning worked fine in hundred degree heat, The room was fairly spacious and the bathroom was spotless. There is a Chinese restaurant up the street and a convenience store almost next door. The lady at the desk was very nice. If the Indian restaurant that's part of the establishment had been open for dinner, I would have been even more satisfied. For a low priced motel, it was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Carey G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mesa
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've stayed at the Travelers 3 times within the past year. The first was not so bad. It was up to par with a motel 6. The second stay, I found a few long black hairs, and the room was crappy but I let it slide cuz Im not too much of a germiphobe. However, I went last week and our room was filthy nasty. The floor/carpet was so sticky we had to wash our feet and keep our shoes on all night. Too bad we only brought flip flops. They need to get the carpets cleaned and vacuum them Every day. There were dead bugs falling from the lamps. Everything was dusty and I saw a few stains. It definately looked like a place where drug addicts partied. In the shower, I found a long black hair on the outside of the shower curtain, I dismissed it because I knew it wouldn't touch me, however there must have been another one because as I was towelling off, I discovered a long black hair stuck to my leg. Disgusting. On the good side, the tv works and you get local channels. They are a nice couple and their restaurant "The Spice Cafe" is delicious, but they definately need to either hire more help or put more of an effort into taking care of the rooms.

Room Tip: I guess ask for a freshley cleaned room, but I don't really know what to tell ya. Good Luck!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shanksta P

Travellers are raving about these Douglas hotels

McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I'm not sure why this place got a number one review for Douglas. It makes me very skeptical of the reviews that I've read now. We checked out and went somewhere else. If we were only staying overnight, the price is right, but I had to put toilet paper down on the seat before I would use it and I washed Ll of the door knobs and lights switches off before I wanted to touch them.
The owners are so nice!

Room Tip: Business center is in the office but doesn't have a printer? Lol
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Diane C
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Stayed here one night; haven't stayed at any other hotels in Douglas, so I can't compare. The Travelers was a standard budget room. No frills, but free wifi that seemed quite fast. Clean enough for this bachelor and friendly service.

The only minor complaints I might have is that the showerhead in my room (103) was about shoulder level on my 6 foot frame. That and the ice machine required a quarter to use.

But for my $35 rate, I can't complain much.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank JRZelazny
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Travelers Motel is an easy to get to motel in Douglas,AZ and perfect for our Birding Trip
to White Water Draw at the end of January 2011. Very reasonable rates, clean, quiet rooms with plenty of space and a convenient restaurant right next door called The Spice Cafe. How can you find fault with that combination??

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandpiper07
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 17 October 2010

In the first week of October 2010, myself and two of my employees stayed at this motel for 5 days and nights. I was very surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of this motel. We had (2) two bedroom rooms with a microwave, refridgerator,cable tv and comfortable beds. And the price was half of what the new Best Western charges. Also we ate breakfast one morning at their new cafe. The Spice Cafe as it is called. The food was excellent and we received a discount for being guests at the motel, which made the price very affordable. Now this is not a 5 star hotel by any means, but as far as Douglas, Az. goes this is your best bet. Don't be afraid to give this place a chance, we did and we were very happy with that choice.
All the best, Joe @ ASAP Concrete ( ----------- )

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ASAPConcrete
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Traveler's Motel is a great place to stay. The proprietors (Roger and Betty) take pride in their motel and it shows. The simple friendly rooms are very well maintained, and best of all, very, very clean. The prices are very reasonable, and much more economical than the the bigger motels.
***BEST OF ALL is the new SPICE CAFE just next door. Spice Cafe serves some of the best Indian cuisine I have ever tasted. What a treat to find such healthy, high quality Indian food in Douglas, AZ. Don't miss Traveler's Motel on your next trip to Douglas, Arizona.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank ElPasoIbis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
Gadsden Hotel
#5 of 5 in Douglas
No photo provided
Hotel Real de Agua Prieta
#1 of 3 in Agua Prieta

Been to Travelers Motel? Share your experiences!