“A minimalist restaurant.”

Xoriatiki
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We went to the Xoriatiki Greek restaurant in Elgin, Moray, Scotland. Not the one in Arizona.

This restaurant was a bit strange in that it felt like you were entering someone's flat at first.

Once in the place was decorated very sparsely but in a strange way it seem to work.

It took quite a while for the food to come but when it did it was good. The cocktails were also of a good standard. The portion sizes were huge, this meant that my wife and I left a good deal on our plates.

I wouldn't rush to go again, but if someone else suggested going there as they wanted to try it I wouldn't object going with them.

On our way out we noticed that the fire alarm panic button was taped up. I'm not sure this is best practice!!

1  Thank PeterGarrett78
There are newer reviews for Xoriatiki

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Went last night with my husband & daughter. We thoroughly enjoyed the cuisine. I had the "Zeus" main dish which was exceptionally tasty & accompanied by a selection of veg which were hot yet not the least bit overcooked. The meat portion was very generous & covered with fried onion then topped with a fried egg. My husband had "Mezedes" which included 4 dips & pitta bread along with a selection of main course dishes including Moussaka, Chicken stuffed with Haloumi, Greek sausage & Lamb chop with Greek salad. His also came with a portion of the crispiest chips which I had refused. My daughter had a main course comprised of a crispy potato pancake, seasonal veg, mozzarello & a mixed herb dressing.
The food was delicious & freshly prepared. The Greek dry red wine we purchased was tasty & very reasonably priced. We would all thoroughly recommend this restaurant & would return again.

3  Thank Joan P
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I went to Xoriatiki for lunch yesterday and were very disappointed. Apart from the abysmal selection of salad and fruit, the fish and chicken dishes were so overcooked that they were inedible, the chicken kebab looked nice but the meat was so dry it was very difficult to swallow, we put ours in a plastic bag and took it home for our dog, he appreciated it. The fish was wrapped in bacon, the bacon flavour completely over powered the fish and failed to stop it drying out, quite simply cooked way too long. The sweets were tinned fruit and trifle, a selection of tunnoch's tea cakes, chocolate chip cookies that had gone soft, and Jaffa cakes. There was a cake that would have made a nice sweet if there had been any sticky toffee sauce to pour over it. This was simply not good enough, Xoriatiki implies a "village salad" that’s what we expected, a good selection of fresh appetising salad items dressings, bread, fresh fruit, Loukoumathes, Halvas, a typically Greek meal. Xoriatiki is in our opinion a brilliant opportunity wasted nice surroundings, pleasant service and yes it would have been reasonably priced if the food had been edible. I made one big mistake I should have said someting before I left I didn't.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Went there for the first time and it is now my favourite restaurant in Elgin. Amazing Greek food, huge portions, great value for money, nice and friendly staff. Had the Mousakka it was amazing, the Greek salad that came with it was also amazing. My friend had a selection of things, sausages, mousakka, chicken with feta and some other small courses and I tried that too and it was lovely. The main courses we had all costed under a tenner. Will definitely be going there again.

8  Thank OA1982