“The Best in Arizona”

The Village of Elgin Winery
Ranked #6 of 9 things to do in Elgin
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Village of Elgin is the best place for Arizona wine. They are friendly and a preferred destination. I have been going there for 10 years and I cant wait to go back. I took my friends there and now they talk about it and return yearly. I have been to wineries all over the US and I love Village of Elgin the best. Thanks to Gary and his wife for the yummy cake and experience ... We will be back.

1  Thank Tamela A
"weekends"
"distillery"
"grapes"

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was looking for some great local wines to bring back to family in Ontario and was told this was the place to go. We arrived and were in the "tasting room" for almost 10 minutes before anyone came to help us at all.

Once someone came - they were very helpful with tasting and offering samples of wines for selection. The interior is dreary and dark - it definitely needs a facelift BUT they do carry a few different wineries and their selections so it made shopping a bit easier than going to one winery at a time.

So - if you're near - it's worth stopping in but expect darkness, a nice staff when they are there to help and a great selection of wines.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place needs a facelift, and some wines that represent something other than commodity grade cheap tasting boozy wines. Clean your yard and haul off the broken cars!

1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The wine was great at this Winery, and the staff was VERY helpful about the surrounding location and amenities. EVERY last wine that they manufactured had a personal story to go with it, and every wine, as well, was AZ sourced. I appreciate wineries in AZ that try to keep it "in the family" so to speak. :)

2  Thank Jess5K
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sister-in-law and I have been here for the last two years. The wine tasting was exceptionally fun last year as the guy pouring the different wines was friendly, funny, and knowledgeable about the many wines we tried. This last March the fellow pouring must have been quite new as he was hesitant about the history of the wine, was kind of stand-offish, and came off as not very friendly. But coming away from both years, I would go back there again. I love this area and you don't have to drive all over the state to find some great wines and wine tastings.

3  Thank SanKen65