“Courtesy on Display”

GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 15 February 2014

When I arrived, I was surprised to see all the cars and activity - a wedding party was there! I had hoped to be alone in an out-of-the-way place during slow season. But they could not give me a Platinum Elite upgraded room because they were not available. However, Kandi Vicars, Front Desk Manager, and the rest of the check-in staff took care of me by offering complementary drink and food items from the "pantry". Now, IHG hotels are supposed to give an upgrade to Platinum Elite guests if available. However, if an upgrade is not available, they are under no obligation for anything else. Good Job, Kandi. You earned your hotel a "thumbs up". I hope you will share this review with upper management so that other staff and other hotels will see what good comes from going "above-and-beyond".

Room Tip: Always be nice to the staff
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Damon A, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to offer our hotel such a kind review. I will be sure to alert the management team and share with everybody within our organization the great praise you have offered to Kandi during your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to have made Kandi a member of our team and I am certain that she will find your compliment very uplifting.

I am sorry that we could not offer you the upgrade as we so try to do for our Platinum members, but in true great leader fashion I can see that Kandi did ensure that you were taken care of as best we could. We are pleased to see that the economy down here in Florence is picking up and are able to offer wedding groups hotel rooms, and although you were unable to take advantage of what you had hoped would be a slower time, I hope we will have you back again soon and try for that peace and quiet a second time.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Florence Az on Jan 15 2014. From the time we walked in asking for 2 rooms for the night until we checked out the next day was a wonderful experience. The check-in was quick, efficient and beyond friendly. It's a new hotel so you would expect clean, and up to date but this was that and more. The rooms were large and had such nice soft lighting. They were beautifully decorated and the beds and bedding were all above the standard. We had been travelling for a few days and had washing to do and they even had a washer and dryer. The dryer did quit while I was using it but they had someone there to fix it right away. I'm not sure if we will ever be back to Florence again but if I ever travel near Florence, I will definitely go out of my way to stay here again. Hats off to the staff and management of this hotel, you certainly are doing a wonderful job!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyBunt

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to offer our hotel such a wonderful review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience, while our guest in Florence. With the exception of the dryer not wanting to coorperate I can see that the team here did succeed in making you feel comfortable and for that I am eternally grateful for having such a committed team taking care of our guests.

We do hope your travels will find you back in Florence again and when that day comes we will look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

As usual the room was always clean; if you need anything extra the staff is always around to meet your needs, even at 3am in the morning; while there the internet was being moved to another location in the lobby and the "wonderful" person at the desk was so kind to let me use the hotel computer. You just can't ask for better service. 2nd time there and plan on staying at Holiday Inn Express in the future.

Room Tip: Let the staff know you want something quiet, they will accommodate you if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Damon A, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share such a complimentary review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are extremely humbled and thankful that you would think so highly of our hotel. The team here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites look forward to having you back again and hope you don't stay away too long.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have been traveling for 30+ years and this Hotel beats any other place I've stayed. The rooms are always clean and the staff will bend over backwards to accommodate your every request. I recently just checked out and asked if I could leave a few things behind because I would only be gone for a week.....NO PROBLEM! Their goal is to make you feel as though you're the most important guest they have. If Florence had a Marriott....I'd still stay at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much! I cannot tell you how proud of this team I am to hear that their efforts were able to bring about such a great experience for you, our guest. It is our goal as well as our brands goal to be a hotel that guests love. We hope to have you back again soon and again THANK YOU!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel is one of the better ones I've stayed at in the last several years. The room was clean and comfortable, the entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was very good, also!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

On behalf of the entire team here in Florence, Thank you! We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience while our guest and we look forward to having you back with us again.

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for a wedding at the winery. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was clean and very modern considering the location. The room was very clean and smelled nice. Breakfast was above average compared to other free breakfasts. There is an nice patio out back that would be a wonderful happy hour spot. Would stay here again if we ever had to be in Florence again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of so many of our great aspects that we have to offer. We do hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Perhaps we might arrange a tour for you of some of our great history and cultural features in the area.

Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you had a 10 Star rating this hotel would deserve it. The manager, Desiree, started at the front desk. We first came to this hotel when she was the front desk clerk and we didn't know her. We have been stopping ever since. She made us feel as though we were the most important people in the hotel. We even saw her in action when there was a power outage from a Monsoon. She has now received a well deserved promotion to Manager and is still greeting guests. The current front desk must have been trained by Desiree as she is almost a clone. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are ready. The rooms are clean and have a fridge and microwave. The complimentary breakfast is delicious and is big and well stocked. All the staff is very friendly and gracious. I recommend it to many people because of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for taking the time to offer us your so very kind review of our hotel and our star team leader, Desiree. I will be sure that Desiree is aware that she is becoming famous online here. We are very proud to have an employee as committed to making each and every one of our guest's experiences be the very best that it can.

We hope to have you back again very soon and again, THANK YOU!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande
5 mi away
Rancho Sonora Inn
Rancho Sonora Inn
#1 of 1 in Florence

Been to GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence? Share your experiences!