“All average, nice staff but outdated technology” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Island
“All average, nice staff but outdated technology”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Business trip has taken me repeatedly to this one and only stay-able place in Florence, AZ. The staff is nice and tries to help even when I show up in the middle of night. Decent breakfast and drink options. Rooms are average. Hard to connect to the Wifi and printed is almost always out of service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ms_Connoisseur
Damon A, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your review. I truly appreciate your taking the time to detail the challenges that you have had while staying at our hotel. I am proud to say that in the last 3 months we have completed a full upgrade to our wifi in the hotel and hope that you will notice this improvement on your next stay with us. We have also replaced our business center printer with a new printer over the Summer. I hope that when you return to Florence these corrections will make your stay with us much more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Glendale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This place was lovely. The rooms are clean, nicely done and comfortable. The pool area is small but adequate. There is ample comfortable outdoor seating, covered and uncovered. The breakfast offered included not only the standard cereal and yogurt but also biscuits & gravy, bacon, turkey sausage and pancakes.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us here in Florence. We are truly touched that you would take the time out of your day to offer us such a kind review. We hope to have you back again soon so we might build upon that positive experience.
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The property seems newer was pretty clean, except for a few very minor issues in my actual room. But, the lobby, common areas, etc., very clean and fresh smelling. We were there as a family for a wedding. We were graciously extended late check out which we had requested well in advance of our stay. We were given beverage vouchers on check in. Just note that they close at 7pm for the alcohol vouchers.

My room was a large, king suite with a Jacuzzi tub; there was also a tub/shower in the actual bathroom. The Jacuzzi tub is actually in the main part of the room and is not enclosed. So, if privacy is an issue, then this set up would be awkward. It is fine for a solo guest or couple. It was large, and worked well - the only issue was when I turned on jets, a dead bug came out. It happens ... did not freak me out or ruin the stay. There was a dead cricket on the side of the mattress on the bed. Again, didn't freak me out - would just recommend housekeeping be really thorough. The room was super spacious, bed, pillows, linens very comfy - nice seating and desk area and a larger than normal mini fridge/kitchen area which I really liked. The in-room coffee is not great. But then, I've never experienced good in-room coffee at an American hotel. That aside, it was a really great room for the money and the free WIFI is good.

I did not have the breakfast but see it does not get good reviews. I can say the coffee (in my opinion) is horrible. It is like colored water - very weak and no taste. If you are a coffee lover, or like more robust brews, you will be very disappointed. Bad coffee is a bit of a deal breaker for me and I feel that in a 'buffet' or 'serve yourself' situation they should offer at least 3 coffee blends: weak/wussy, robust, and decaf. I also believe most hotel coffee is mediocre and I just can't explain why that is ... makes no sense.

All personnel and staff we interacted with were very polite, professional, and accommodating. We were treated very well and received friendly service. Our stay was quite enjoyable. The only things that might be an issue (was not for us as only 1 night) are: small children running the halls and being very loud, very late night. The room doors slam shut on their own - very, very loud when people leave their room and just let the door shut on its own. This went on all night. If we were going to be here longer I'd have mentioned the issue w/the rowdy kids to the staff.

The hotel does allow pets - both of my children brought their dogs and kept them in their rooms - there is a $20 p/n pet fee. Good grounds out back and several entrance/exit access doors that make it easy to walk them. Good grassy and dirt areas for pets.

This is the first time I've stayed in the Florence/Coolidge area and from what I can see, this hotel is the only real option if you want standard amenities. There is a Burger King within walking distance and an Italian Restaurant across the street which we noticed was pretty busy on a Wed - so likely a good sign the food is good.

Room Tip: Rooms at ends of hallways seem quieter and are close to exterior exits so good for pets. No restaura...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MsDotCom
Thank you so much for your very thorough review of our hotel. We truly do appreciate hearing the very honest feedback on the experiences that our guests have in our hotel and use this information to make corrections to our operations.
We truly do appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to offer your thoughts. We will be sharing your information amongst all our team members to ensure that the areas that you have indicated can use some attention are addrssed.
We hope to have you back again soon. Thank you.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of service from the moment I registered to check-out three days later. The staff sought to make me feel comfortable and they were readily available to answer any questions or offer suggestions, (e.g. provide directions, Mass schedules, restaurants etc.). The free and very generous breakfast in the cafe each morning was quite an added benefit, as were the morning papers and general warm lobby atmosphere. When you are in Florence this hotel is a good choice to spend some relaxing days in a well-designed room supported by attentive floor and front desk personnel. The next time that I am in Florence, I plan to make this my pied-a-terre.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leo S
Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel. We truly do look forward to opening our doors to you once again very soon.
Benson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Not impressed with front desk employee, she could use some customer service training. As I was standing in line waiting I felt she was a little impatient with customer in front of me. We happened to be in town for a rodeo for my kids. We stayed Friday night and enjoyed the room. We left early Saturday morning to attend the rodeo and we got rained out. We all ended up soaking wet and muddy so when we returned to the motel by 11:07 I asked the front desk clerk if I could have a later check out. I only wanted 45 minutes to an hour as my kids, ages 4 and 6 were wet and cold. I just wanted to get them cleaned up and get them dry clothes. I was standing there soaking wet and was holding my 4 year old in a blanket. I was told that there were already 8 late check outs and a wedding party coming in and I had to check out of the room ”now.” Needless to say I was not impressed. I understand they were busy, but she was quite rude in her response. Not someone I would want representing my company.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank w h
Damon A, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I woul like to begin by simply saying tha I am truly sorry. As the General manager of ths hotel I strive to continually empower an ensure that our team understands that regardless of whatever we might have going on in our hotel, we must always remember that we need to look at our hotel as we are guests in your home, not you are guests in our place of work.
The experience you had while staying in our hotel clearly reflects our failure to remember this fact. We will be researching this situation and I assure you that we will use this as a training example for many days to come.
I am avaiable at anytime and would love to discuss how I might make this experience up to you. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel at anytime and I will be available. 520-868-9900
Royston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions. Both times the front desk staff were excellent, rooms are large well appointed free Wi-Fi good. However it is let down by the mediocre breakfast we had both mornings we stayed, on both mornings the staff were busy (not the same staff) the first morning the milk was sour ! The second the eggs freshly cooked were cold !! We had the worst breakfasts possible. The 'silver ware' is so feeble you can't use it to cut anything. Both times we had a first/ground floor room but noisy facing the road traffic starts about 5-30am.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road not facing the front
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Damon A, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to offer us your very fair and respected review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that our team was able to succeed for you and I am sure sorry to hear that your experience in our breakfast was not as positive. I am using your review as a training tool for our team as we very much want to perfect the areas that we struggle and not shy away from our failures as that is the only way that we can grow and improve.
If you find your way back to Florence I would very much appreciate the opportunity to host you again and show you that we are listening as our team will be making adjustments to ensure that all our guests needs are being met and in this case our breakfast team and management team need to be sure we are being very proactive. Again, I do very much appreciate your positive review of our team and our rooms and if there is anything I can do to make up for our failure in the breakfast during your stay, please do feel free to contact me here at the hotel at anytime: 520-868-8951. Thank you.
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

When I arrived, I was surprised to see all the cars and activity - a wedding party was there! I had hoped to be alone in an out-of-the-way place during slow season. But they could not give me a Platinum Elite upgraded room because they were not available. However, Kandi Vicars, Front Desk Manager, and the rest of the check-in staff took care of me by offering complementary drink and food items from the "pantry". Now, IHG hotels are supposed to give an upgrade to Platinum Elite guests if available. However, if an upgrade is not available, they are under no obligation for anything else. Good Job, Kandi. You earned your hotel a "thumbs up". I hope you will share this review with upper management so that other staff and other hotels will see what good comes from going "above-and-beyond".

Room Tip: Always be nice to the staff
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Damon A, General Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to offer our hotel such a kind review. I will be sure to alert the management team and share with everybody within our organization the great praise you have offered to Kandi during your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to have made Kandi a member of our team and I am certain that she will find your compliment very uplifting.

I am sorry that we could not offer you the upgrade as we so try to do for our Platinum members, but in true great leader fashion I can see that Kandi did ensure that you were taken care of as best we could. We are pleased to see that the economy down here in Florence is picking up and are able to offer wedding groups hotel rooms, and although you were unable to take advantage of what you had hoped would be a slower time, I hope we will have you back again soon and try for that peace and quiet a second time.

Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Comfort Inn
#2 of 11 in Casa Grande
Blue Mist Motel
Blue Mist Motel
#2 of 2 in Florence

Been to GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence? Share your experiences!