“Breathtaking views”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
East Northport, New York
“Breathtaking views”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

A very spiritually moving view while dining in the evening with the restaurant outdoor view. Amazing. Was here on a business trip and the entire resort is beautifully manicured. Very pricey but really nice.

• Stayed October 2012
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Gregg,
Thank you for the review. We are glad you were able to stay with us and enjoy your time at the resort. We would love to have you back with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Owning my own business can sometimes cause me to be a businesses' worst critic because I usually can find more than one area that needs improvement. But its always corrective criticism because I want them to succeed. From the first time I came in contact with the personnel of Copperwynd to the when I handed them my room keys to check out was nothing short of realizing this is a place that knows how to deliver 'world class customer service" ..

I had never traveled to Arizona before but I had done enough research to know what I wanted to see and do. What I found to be the case for many resorts were the relentless 'Fees". The resort fees of $25-30 day. Parking fees ($20-30 day) self parking my car for $20 is hard for anyone to tell me the advantages. There are none except less scratches on my car.

My daughter was looking at Trip Advisor" reviews and came across this one. I went on probably 50 websites and something about Copperwynd Resort kept me coming back. Maybe it was the fact that it was a small boutique resort with the amenities of a large spa without the "fees" or all the positive reviews.

I had called prior to making a reservation to inquire the proximity to the different points of interest such as golf, Grand Canyon, Sedona. We were on a very tight time budget and wanted to get the most of our trip and needed a honest opinion on whether or not the resort would fit our vacation needs, My daughter called and I called and each time we got Jamie, He was informative and told me what others have done while on vacation while staying at our resort. At no time did he ever make us feel like we were asking stupid questions.

I noticed they had a great AAA deal for $109/night. No resort or parking fees!!. I went ahead and booked based on reviews, price and great golf courses , nearby towns and amenities galore at the resort. When I received my room confirmation, I noticed the total was much higher. I sent a email and asked what the resort tax and state fees were. The clerk quickly responded and noticed that during my stay, the daily rate did go up one of the days but it was no problem and they automatically made the adjustment to give me the $109/nightly for all nights. No questions asked. I thought that was wonderful for them to extend it. They could have easily waited to see if I would ask for the lower rate. So that right there started my experience on a positive note.

Then a few days before the trip, I received a "we are excited that you chose our resort and are looking forward to you staying with us" email. send us your itinerary and let us know if they can help plan any of our spa, dinner or outside activities. Ok another great experience. No resort has ever done that to me.

Our plane and rental car took longer than expected but the desk was already aware we would be a late arrival. No problem at all. Jamie was there to greet us at midnight. This resort is in a upscale residential area. The grounds are kept immaculate . The lighting is just right to catch the southwestern look. Jamie Gave us a folder with all the resort info, showed us where everything is and when open and sent us on our way because he knew we were exhausted. But extended their assistance if we needed it. Check in was fast and easy.

Our room was nicely appointed with plenty of luxury towels, robes and toiletries, plenty of coffee. So nice to have bottles of water in the room and not get a bill for it (by the way, they were much appreciated in the heat. Always new ones were replenished after each room cleaning. They did an exceptional job of keeping up with our mess. The views from the room are awesome. Didn't sleep in one day so we could catch the sunset every morning. The fireplace is also a nice plus. Even though a little warm outside at night, we left the door open and put it on a few hours. Our room was 212. I don't think I heard one peep from any of our neighbors. This is a very romantic getaway boutique resort. We strolled around to see all the amenities (great size fitness center, two pools with great views and a private hot tub, tennis courts) We did not get a chance to use any because of outside planned activities. Had wished the pool area was at least open a little later in the evening just to sit around and relax. I think on the weekend it was closed at around 7 or 8. They have a Barista to serve muffins, coffee, parfaits. We went on Friday morning right at 7 hoping to get breakfast before we left, but they weren't even set up yet, so had to resort to McDonalds. Maybe in season they are ready. I had heard that on Saturday, Labor Day weekend. There were a 11 rooms occupied out of the 32. Still not a peep heard. did I say the grounds and rooms are immaculate? This resort takes pride in everything they do. When we were out and about, people would ask where we were staying, we mentioned Copperwynd Resort. They said excellent choice.

Day of check out. We met Jim (not sure about his job title) But wow, it wasn't just take our room keys and say thank you. This gentleman actually took the time to tell us what brought him and his wife to the area, things to do and see our next visit and was genuinely receptive to our feedback and cared that we had an excellent time. I have no doubt that if we did encounter a problem they would have fixed it.

I saw a review about bugs. This place is bug free (Nada, zilch, none that you should be concerned with.) there is a pathway light that attracts these beautiful moths but no ants, roaches flies etc. Just close your door quickly and they wont come in. If they do. Open your patio door and let them out.

If I could make a suggestion it would be , TV guides in the room. There was no channel guide and the large LG TV kept shutting off and said to contact customer to order channel. This was for ESPN , CNN and other general news channels. Wasn't sure what channels resort had. Laundry room would be great, not sure if there was one. but the fact no plastic laundry bag in closet was a giveaway was that they don't. But after walking in the heat site seeing days in a row, it would be great to have a self serve laundry room to wash clothes before leaving. Or even just the bag to throw dirty clothes in.

Other than that, this is a top notch resort that has people that take pride in the service they deliver and I cannot say one bad thing about this resort. I could add pictures but they are the same as the ones on reviews and website. No surprises here. We will be back and use all the resort's amenities next time. I have already started recommending to my clients here in Florida.

Room Tip: Top floors give a splendid view of the world famous fountain in Fountain Hills town and the mountain...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Chsmit5651,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing this very detailed review on the property. I can not express enough how appreciative we are. Thank you for recognized the staff members you mentioned in the review. We strive to make each guest stay as memorable as possible. Thank you for the great comments and suggestions. We have created a TV listing guide of all the available channels for the guest rooms. Although we do not offer laundry facilities on site, we do offer same day dry cleaning/laundry service through a local dry cleaners. Thank you for spreading the word about CopperWynd, we await your return to the property.
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Had an awesome anniversary weekend! Wonderful staff and beautiful resort. Had a relaxing 6-min massage and fell asleep 5 times. Wonderful food and amazing rooms with views! Recommend everyone going there for a getaway.

Room Tip: Buy package deals - they are worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
JenniferK,
Thank you for the review and Happy Anniversary! We are happy you booked one of our spa package options and that you were able to celebrate your special anniversary evening with us at CopperWynd.
Guymon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We love this resort because of the area and the view. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. The bath room lighting is terrible and the refrigerators need updating. We stayed here in April and June 2013 and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Jerry,
Thank you for returning to stay with us again. We hope to have you back again in the future.
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My sister got married here at Copperwynd, so we were here for the weekend. From the first moment we stepped onto the property, we felt very well-cared-for. Whether it was getting extra towels, having water delivered to the bride's room, or checking in at the pool/spa, everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The wedding location itself was beautiful, and everything was handled from start to finish by the staff, making it as stress-free as possible. What a fantastic venue for a wedding or just for a weekend away! I will make a special trip down from Las Vegas just to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Athena,
Thank you for the review and the kind words. Congratulations to your sister on her wedding day. The wedding was beautiful and the guest seemed to enjoy every minute of the evening. We would love to have you back with us in the future for a short getaway vacation.
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The resort and employees were impressive. We enjoyed staying at the resort, it was a nice break and treat from being at Mayo for medical reasons. Our room was clean and bright and cheery. We enjoyed a spa treatment and the work out facility, both were clean and updated. My husband and I ate at the restaurant at the resort and had a nice dinner with a spectacular view, the service matched. Would love to stay here again if we have to head back to Scottsdale for medical reasons!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jenbeban,

Thank you for the review. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy some rest and relaxation at the spa and restaurant after your appointments at Mayo. Please keep us in mind the next time you make it back to the Metro-Phoenix area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were very happy with our all too brief vacation at CopperWynd Resort.
We had both spent some time in Tucson, Arizona last year and were eager to leave the Pacific NW spring rains for the hot dry Arizona sun.
We chose Copperwynd for it's beautiful buildings, seemingly peaceful environment and location close to desert trails. We were delighted to find it more beautiful than we imagined.

Arriving just past the visitor high season allowed us plenty of quiet time at the clean beautiful pools and hot tub, while other guests and the residents of the CopperWynd Community provided enjoyable socializing.

Our room was quiet and elegant with a deck that faced both the town and the desert.
We spent every night sitting out watching the stars. The bed mattress was comfortable with plenty of warm covers should we have needed them and the bathroom spacious and well stocked with towels, wash cloths, bath products and robes.
Best of all, for us, trails into the desert started at a gate about 20 feet from our door.

Alchemy, the on-site restaurant has wonderful food and friendly, helpful wait staff who were kind enough to pull together a perfect meal for us when we walked in as they were closing!
Alchemy is closed Sunday/Monday, but the newly added Bistro in the lobby serves coffee, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and some breakfast & deli foods as well.
Which, along with the provision of a refridgerator in our room was enough to keep us from the bother of looking offsite for places to eat.
I had only one wish....Oregon or Tazo Chai Tea latte for the mornings :)
We both think the Bistro is a perfect addition and needs an elegant name sign (like Alchemy's) to draw attention to it's location and offerings.

CopperWynd's great on-site exercise facility and large number of well guided Yoga, pilates, barre and other exercise classes are available to resort guests as included ammenities!
Needless to say I happily attended every day.
Resort guests are also able to reserve separate services at CopperWynd's on-site Spa. We didn't make time for the Spa on this trip but will definitely book massages on the next.

Last, but definitely not least, the staff at CopperWynd are very courteous, friendly, helpful and provided great service. We felt as comfortable as though we were members of the community.
We can highly recommend Copperwynd and hope to return for our next 'get away'

Linda Anderson and Don Wagner

Room Tip: Our room, 207, I believe was in a building to the North of the main entrance. It was quiet and very...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda,

Thank you for taking time and writing the very nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use all the amenities we offer. We would love to have you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Hills
Inn at Eagle Mountain
#1 of 5 in Fountain Hills
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,614 reviews
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to CopperWynd Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!